New Year's Resolutions

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
We don't hear much of them any more - probably because we don't mean them anyway. :rofl:

However, plans for the coming year are always relevant. :thumb:

So what do you have planned that is woodworking related?

I am making a more workable area for woodworking. I got the first load of building materials home just before the Great White Out.

And I am seriously considering a CNC machine - if I can work out a place to set it up.

Your turn.

Mine is to get my dust collector hooked up before i buy another tool. And when a tool is blunt dont wait to mess up a project before taking the time to sharpen it or buy a new blade or bit.:thumb:

Othere resolutions are to loose all the weight i have gained over Christmas holidays and some extra. Do more business than i did last year. Spend more time in my shop than at the computer. Buy more good woodworking related books than magazines. (Your book Carol affirmed that attitude for me.) Again i am tired of the blatant selling bias taking place in the magazines. Journalism should be journalism not salesmanship.

Tell my wife and kids i love them more often.

No resolutions here either.

Plans for this year include:

Shop: Will be putting a ceiling in, building out walls, re-wiring, insulating, building cabinets/getting organized, cleaning/tuning up my tools.

Outside: In the spring I've got some fence repairs to do around the pool, a cover/surround to put over the pool equipment, and landscape lighting to do.

House: A master bath remodel planned, insulating the garage, installing hardwood stair treads, and building master bedroom furniture.

I resolved to no long make resolutions.... :rolleyes: :D :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I do have some plans, one is to make a new workbench, that is to also dismantle the back bench around the SawStop, make them two separate work areas.

Other than that, stick to my new healthier lifestyle which will improve my woodworking too! :thumb:

The only resolution I have is to get my shop organized so I can actually use it. Then I have several projects I want to complete...

My woodworking goals are to build a Hal Taylor rocking chair and learn to use my lathes. Towards that end, I received Hal Taylor's book and DVD set for an xmas gift (from myself ;)). If, after going through the material and it still seems doable, purchase the plans, template, the 45 bf. of 8/4 wood and get started.

Non-woodworking, I'd like to continue the resolution that I made (and met) last year, which was to exercise 6 days/week. Additionally, I'd like to try and learn to play the guitar again. I tried a few years back with little success. If anyone has a recommendation for a simple, tab-based book please let me know.