Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slow loading

Slow loading

For some time now I've noticed that loading a thread has been taking more time. Don't know why I never thought of this before, but I watched the lower left of the browser window today to see what was loading and I was surprised to see this, "waiting for mystatus.skype" (or something very close as I did not write it down.

What's up with this? I checked and I have now skype name posted in my profile.
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

I'm not seeing any slow downs myself. Did you just load Skype or a new version?

EDIT: I did just get it...looks like skype's status service is having delays...will see if we can turn off the feature for now.
    Last edited by Darren Wright; 01-04-2011 at 06:17 PM.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Thanks Rennie and here i was thinking i was going crazy and it was just me. Its been going slow for a while. BTW Darren are we married to Bluehost ?

i have been looking at hosting for a new project i want to start and ipage is coming out tops and cheap. Maybe its time for change?
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Keeble View Post
    Thanks Rennie and here i was thinking i was going crazy and it was just me. Its been going slow for a while. BTW Darren are we married to Bluehost ?

i have been looking at hosting for a new project i want to start and ipage is coming out tops and cheap. Maybe its time for change?
    I don't think it's Blue Host Rob. It appears to be Skype, which has been having issues for the past week or so. On the posts for each user there is an icon to show if someone is online. There is a script that runs for skype to see if the person is online. It appears that the skype server isn't responding and delays the load of the page. I'm looking for a way to shut off the IM status to keep it from occurring.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Let me know if that is any better. I've removed the skype link for now.
    Darren

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Wright View Post
    Let me know if that is any better. I've removed the skype link for now.
    Yes. Much better.

Except now it's hanging up on "tickers.myfitnesspal". What the heck is that?

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rennie Heuer View Post
    Yes. Much better.

Except now it's hanging up on "tickers.myfitnesspal". What the heck is that?
    Darrens Signature, but it seems to be loading fine on mine...

Ok, I've been holding steady on weight anyway...got rid of that from my sig.

As my wife says, "I haven't gained any weight this holiday season...That's like losing 10 lbs right there."
    Last edited by Darren Wright; 01-04-2011 at 08:28 PM.
    Darren

Zipping along nicely now, thank you very much!

The aggravating parts was when it was taking a long time to load and I did not realize it I would start to scroll the page only to have it bounce from post to post till it was done loading.

www.wrworkshop.com

Well, I suspect it's your connection speed. Other users still have the fitness charts in their signatures, so will probably still see some of that depending on who's posted.
    Darren