Slow loading

Rennie Heuer

Staff member
For some time now I've noticed that loading a thread has been taking more time. Don't know why I never thought of this before, but I watched the lower left of the browser window today to see what was loading and I was surprised to see this, "waiting for mystatus.skype" (or something very close as I did not write it down.

What's up with this? I checked and I have now skype name posted in my profile.:huh::dunno::dunno:

I'm not seeing any slow downs myself. Did you just load Skype or a new version?

EDIT: I did just get it...looks like skype's status service is having delays...will see if we can turn off the feature for now.

Last edited:
Thanks Rennie and here i was thinking i was going crazy and it was just me.:D:thumb: Its been going slow for a while. BTW Darren are we married to Bluehost ?

i have been looking at hosting for a new project i want to start and ipage is coming out tops and cheap. Maybe its time for change?:)

Thanks Rennie and here i was thinking i was going crazy and it was just me.:D:thumb: Its been going slow for a while. BTW Darren are we married to Bluehost ?

i have been looking at hosting for a new project i want to start and ipage is coming out tops and cheap. Maybe its time for change?:)

I don't think it's Blue Host Rob. It appears to be Skype, which has been having issues for the past week or so. On the posts for each user there is an icon to show if someone is online. There is a script that runs for skype to see if the person is online. It appears that the skype server isn't responding and delays the load of the page. I'm looking for a way to shut off the IM status to keep it from occurring.

Ok, I've been holding steady on weight anyway...got rid of that from my sig. :wave:

As my wife says, "I haven't gained any weight this holiday season...That's like losing 10 lbs right there." :rofl:

Last edited:
Zipping along nicely now, thank you very much!

The aggravating parts was when it was taking a long time to load and I did not realize it I would start to scroll the page only to have it bounce from post to post till it was done loading.

Well, I suspect it's your connection speed. Other users still have the fitness charts in their signatures, so will probably still see some of that depending on who's posted.

Well it seems to have really shortened the loading of things here as well things up here as well.

I am also having real slowdowns on the CNC Zone but they have adds and it seems to be tha ad server over there.

Yup! Hard to tell if the time is browser or their server. I did some research and it seems to creep up from time to time with the skype server being down. Will have to look at the templates to see about maybe removing the other IM icon statuses as well maybe.

The IM statuses are still available on a users profile, not sure we need it one each individual post.

What really slows you is if every user on a page of posts has skype, then you're waiting for the skype server to respond 10 times on a full page. :eek: Even worse, if your browser doesn't cache images, you may be loading images for the same user more than once if they posted more than once on a thread.

BTW...good catch Rennie. :thumb:

Edit: Looks like all the other IM's don't check status from the post screen, so ok to leave them.

Last edited: