Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need your thoughts & prayers...

Thomasville, GA

Need your thoughts & prayers...

Once again, I've been distracted from time with my online family here. Last Friday, LOML and I were out front doing a little work in the yard. The letter carrier arrived, so LOML met her on the driveway to get our delivery. She went back up on the porch to open a box she was expecting - some nice heels she ordered online. She tried them on, liked them a lot and modeled them for me. Next she took off the heels, put her yard shoes back on, and stepped off the porch to take the junk mail to the recycle bin. As she stepped down, her left foot twisted and she landed hard on her right foot, calling out to me that she had broken her leg.

I loaded her into my Escape and headed to the ER, which was packed with people. We had to wait about 45 minutes, but they went through the X-ray process. I was at the x-ray position with the tech and saw the images as they were taken. The tech and I responded to my wife's questions by telling her the doctor would let her know for sure what was happening. Of course, both of us could clearly see a break in the small bone in her right leg a few inches above the ankle.

A short while later, the orthopedist applied a split and wrapped the leg and foot, explaining that the swelling would have to go down before he could do surgery to install a plate and some screws. Anyway, we go to the doctor this afternoon to see how her leg is doing. If everything is OK, he'll do the surgery Thursday. I'll let you know how it's going.

LOML's greatest concern? The last time she missed any time from work was 20 years ago for another surgical procedure. She's been a fanatic about perfect attendance!!!
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member
    Member of Mensa
    Live every day like it's your last, but don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

Kansas City, Missouri
    We'll keep her in our thoughts. I hope she heals quickly and get's past the whole "missing work" thing (unless she really likes her job).

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

DSM, IA
    You've got Bill...
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    You got it Bill
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Wish her a speedy and complete recovery so she can use those shoes she got.
    Vibes and prayers on the way
    Best regards,

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

Los Angeles, CA
    Hope the surgery goes smoothly. Wishing her a quick recovery.

Santa Claus, In
    You got it.

Reno NV
    Here's my best wishes for a speedy recovery and uneventful procedure!

Outside the beltway
    She is in my prayers Bill.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::

Indianapolis area
    Done. May she recover quickly.

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi