Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bird house bird suppliers??

Bird house bird suppliers??

I was at our local dollar store where I got the birds for the bird houses and they are out and i was wondering if anyone knows or any place ( other than Micheals) that sell the small birds. Micheals is way too expensive.
    Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS...............

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Hobby Lobby but there going to as expensive as Michaels.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

And the quality at both sucks!
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

Thanks Drew here i thought it was only me that felt this way about Michaels birds.
    cheers

i took a quick look-see and found this place, hope it helps.

factorydirectcraft.com
    benedictione omnes bene

www.burroviejowoodworking.com

check out my etsy store, buroviejowoodworking

Thanks Dan that has a good selection Just wonder how the qaulity is like. I went to china town today looking but was told that China is not producing that much of this anymore for some reason and what they have seen is a lower grade of quality. Seems quality is going down hill in every aspect of things these days.
    Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS...............

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Keeble View Post
    Thanks Drew here i thought it was only me that felt this way about Michaels birds.
    No your not Rob.

The last ones I bought there weren't worth bringing home thats why I have been looking and asking others where they are finding them.

Jay
    A Turn N Time
    Components for John Smith Organs and the Hobby Organ Builder

Frog Pond Guitars

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Vancouver Island, Courtenay/Comox Valley, British Columbia
    Drew, I found this place. It looks like they have tons of birds--cheap. But I can't vouch for their quality. They do ship to Canada.
    AKA Young Grasshopper Woodworker
    AKA The Rookie

I found some fairly nice ones at A.C. Moore recently. They only had one color in stock though. More colors on their website. Not cheap-about a buck a piece. Real feathers though.
    Don Orr

Woodturners make the World go ROUND

Thanks again for all the help. I have looked at that site Cynthia as Dan posted it earlier but with the shipping prices It would just work out to be the same a getting them from Micheals and quality may be an issue. The ones that I found at the dollar store were better than at Micheals ( not saying much about that). Funny how fake bird prices are consistant. I guess it lends truth to the old saying "birds of a feather..... Anyways I will have to have a look around some more. If I find something affordable or get hooked up with a link I will post it and let everyone know where I find them.