Bird house bird suppliers??

Drew Watson

I was at our local dollar store where I got the birds for the bird houses and they are out and i was wondering if anyone knows or any place ( other than Micheals) that sell the small birds. Micheals is way too expensive.

Thanks Dan that has a good selection Just wonder how the qaulity is like. I went to china town today looking but was told that China is not producing that much of this anymore for some reason and what they have seen is a lower grade of quality. Seems quality is going down hill in every aspect of things these days.

I found some fairly nice ones at A.C. Moore recently. They only had one color in stock though. More colors on their website. Not cheap-about a buck a piece. Real feathers though.

Thanks again for all the help. I have looked at that site Cynthia as Dan posted it earlier but with the shipping prices It would just work out to be the same a getting them from Micheals and quality may be an issue. The ones that I found at the dollar store were better than at Micheals ( not saying much about that). Funny how fake bird prices are consistant. I guess it lends truth to the old saying "birds of a feather..... :rofl: Anyways I will have to have a look around some more. If I find something affordable or get hooked up with a link I will post it and let everyone know where I find them.

Thanks again for all the help. I have looked at that site Cynthia as Dan posted it earlier but with the shipping prices It would just work out to be the same a getting them from Micheals and quality may be an issue. The ones that I found at the dollar store were better than at Micheals ( not saying much about that). Funny how fake bird prices are consistant. I guess it lends truth to the old saying "birds of a feather..... :rofl: Anyways I will have to have a look around some more. If I find something affordable or get hooked up with a link I will post it and let everyone know where I find them.

Drew, what do you do with all those fake birds? :D

Thanks Tony they look like a better quality. I will have to see if I can find a supplier north of the border.

Cynthia I am using them for the birds on the turned bird houses. I have had a big interest in these here with friends and family. Just want to be prepared next year at christmas.