Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: My Windsor chairs attempt

This is going to be exciting. Really looking forward to being along with your build
    So mote it be,

It could be worse You could be on fire.
    Stupid hurts.

I sure do agree with the others as this is going to be a great follow along of some great chairs Ken

Great start so far. Couple of these chairs and a grandfather clock, are on my bucket list.

Hey Ken, are you done yet?
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

glad yu got started ken!!! one question i know from my wood cuttun and splittun that oak splits easier cold.. is that why yu waited this long or could yu have done it as soon as yu got your log home??
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

bethel springs TN, but was born and raised in north east PA
    Ken so glad ya got started as that's the hardest part of any build. Looking foward to following this all the way to the end.
    Steve

I wish you the best of luck with your chair adventure.

I just want to say that I really like that rustic shaving horse you have there. If it could talk I wonder what it would say.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Arndts View Post
    I wish you the best of luck with your chair adventure.

I just want to say that I really like that rustic shaving horse you have there. If it could talk I wonder what it would say.
    Thanks Andrew and welcome to the family here.

I made it several years ago, and it looks ancient because it lives outside. As to what it would say - my guess is "neigh"

Quote Originally Posted by larry merlau View Post
    one question i know from my wood cuttun and splittun that oak splits easier cold.. is that why yu waited this long or could yu have done it as soon as yu got your log home??
    Nah, the only reason I waited was because I was working up the courage to start. I could have split it right away. That being said, it does split really nicely now in the cold. Because the wood is frozen - we're having highs in the 20s, it is a bit hard getting the wedge seated in the intact log. After that, it's pretty easy, and the froe works really great. I found a really old froe at a garage sale, and I like it much better than the bigger modern one I bought before it, which will soon go up for sale.