Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: cold today

cold today

It is about 28 degrees here today but feels like only 8. Bone chillin' fer certain, fer sure.
    We are lucky, south of us they are getting snow, further south in Texas all the way across to Alabama folks could be in trouble with ice storms. Hope it isn't too severe.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

we had 4 degrees, and its a warm cold
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Pretty cold down here too (remember cold is relative to location, I'm not trying to be funny) .......... 48 right now.

Tony, BCE '75

12 here this morning. Not really too bad, actually. Humidity was 48%, and there was hardly any wind.

It's up to 21 now. Supposed to make it down into single digits tonight...
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Falotico View Post
    Pretty cold down here too (remember cold is relative to location, I'm not trying to be funny) .......... 48 right now.
    A few years ago we left Icy 4 degree Cincinnati Airport an arrived in Sunny Hawaii, next morning on the TV, the weather crew was standing in coat & gloves remarking about the cold snap, 50 degrees that morning...

I was sweating as I drank Kona Coffee on the Lenai....

its 27 degrees here today, alot of wind that knocks it down to feel like 16.
    I turned on some oldies music, glued up the remaining cutting board panel for my current headboard project, and managed to pick all the white oak and made primary cuts to size so I can start gluing up posts tomorrow.
    I worked until I didnt feel my fingers anymore.
    My wife ordered me a small infrared heater yesterday, but within 8 weeks the temps wont be a factor anymore.
    I discussed just this morning with my wife if I go into remission, Im getting a place in Florida for the winters and setting up a small shop, with some used equipment so I can keep busy. shell have to visit me when she can.

it was -9 when i left work this morning, and now it's only about 17. come on over to minnesota, we'll show you some cold, just remember to pack some extra skirts...
    benedictione omnes bene

www.burroviejowoodworking.com

check out my etsy store, buroviejowoodworking

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Simpson View Post
    A few years ago we left Icy 4 degree Cincinnati Airport an arrived in Sunny Hawaii, next morning on the TV, the weather crew was standing in coat & gloves remarking about the cold snap, 50 degrees that morning...

I was sweating as I drank Kona Coffee on the Lenai....
    I was in Chicago on business many years ago, first week of February. We were in the hotel restaurant having breakfast when the waitress commented that she was glad it finally warmed up. Without thinking I blurted out "are you crazy woman! It's 12 degrees out there!!" Luckily she had a great sense of humor and laughed it off.

Tony, BCE '75

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Falotico View Post
    I was in Chicago on business many years ago, first week of February. We were in the hotel restaurant having breakfast when the waitress commented that she was glad it finally warmed up. Without thinking I blurted out "are you crazy woman! It's 12 degrees out there!!" Luckily she had a great sense of humor and laughed it off.
    You are only reminding me of why I gave up being a Chicago boy in 1970. I hated the winters from the day I could feel hate.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Good old boring Nebraska. At least we have a variety of weather.....too bad that often it's all in the same day.