Many photos missing in posts - removed?

Al Navas

I joined just yesterday. I am unable to see many of the photos within several (many?) posts (not my posts, just other members' posts). Only a picture holder shows.

Would this have to do with the recent changes made to the data bases in order to optimize bandwidth?

Just wondering.

Al, could you point me to a post or thread where this is happening?...
For example, on my end, this thread is missing all of the inline photos, Stuart. This is the quickest one I found after I read your question. But I have seen several others that show the empty picture holders as well, as I surf around the forum.

And if I click on any of the picture holders I get a dialog box that starts with the following:

"You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again. You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation. "
At the bottom of this box I am asked to log in, even though I am logged in. I may be seeing this since I was approved only Saturday afternoon? (Central U.S. time ;) ).

Thanks Al

I have no idea what is going on, aside from the overloaded CPU problem, we have not yet moved the attachments and such out of the database, we are planning on doing it in a day or so, sorry, but Vaughn, Marty and I do actually have real lives :rolleyes: ;) :D

I cannot see the thumbnails either, but I can see the pics once I click on the text link.

I checked your account, and it looks just fine, so that is not the problem.

I'll have to put it down to a hiccup in the system at the moment, as we are riding a little too close to the upper limit of things, but that will be fixed very soon.

Sorry for the trouble, thanks for taking the time to document the problem for us to see. :thumb:

Cheers!

Al,

When you logged in, did you check the little "remember me" box? This will set your status so you will remain logged in each time you exit then visit again.

When I clicked on Al's link to Nancy's post, I couldn't see the thumbnails either, click on the picture link where the thumbnail should have been and it opens the picture up fine. I go to the same post the regular way off of the New Posts button, and the thumbnails are there fine. Haven't seen the overload CPU screen yet. Jim.

Jim,

When you click on Al's link to Nancy's post, does it show you as logged in? When I did, I saw only the addresses to her post, and I was shown as not loggin in. I logged in, and I could see her pics just fine....

All of Nancy's photos are missing on her post. I have no idea what might be happening...

Well for one thing, that URL points to http://69.89.21.65/~familyw1/ and not to www.familywoodworking.org. That IP number does not match what I get when I perform an nslookup on www.familywoodworking.org -- it resolves to 70.103.189.65

Like Greg mentioned, if I click on that link, I see a link, but it also tells me that I am not logged in. I'm curious as to how you got that URL link.

I'm guessing that some behind-the-scenes server shifting might have been happening. (the 69.89.x.x IP still is a bluehost.com address)

Al, I think Art is onto something here. Do you get the same behavior when you go directly to www.familywoodworking.org? Also, do be sure to enable the "Remember me" checkbox, too.

Well for one thing, that URL points to http://69.89.21.65/~familyw1/ and not to www.familywoodworking.org. That IP number does not match what I get when I perform an nslookup on www.familywoodworking.org -- it resolves to 70.103.189.65

Like Greg mentioned, if I click on that link, I see a link, but it also tells me that I am not logged in. I'm curious as to how you got that URL link.

I'm guessing that some behind-the-scenes server shifting might have been happening. (the 69.89.x.x IP still is a bluehost.com address)

Al, I think Art is onto something here. Do you get the same behavior when you go directly to www.familywoodworking.org? Also, do be sure to enable the "Remember me" checkbox, too.
Thank you all! It is OK now.

I reset the link in the shortcut to www.familywoodworking.org, logged out, then logged in automatically (enabled once more the "Remember me" box), and everything seems ok now.

This is strange, as I thought I had created that link directly from the home page. But I would not be surprised if I just don't remember exactly what I did :doh:. This is the second thing I have lost...:D

Muchas gracias!!!

1] A message I posted here earlier today is now gone . . . I assume it was deleted? Not sure why it would be, nothing offensive in it. The message stated . . .
2] that something happened to my FamilyWoodworking website today - no pictures are showing and the layout is totally different . . . looks kinda like it is in a dumbed-down mode. None of the links show their nameplates.

Not sure what is going on . . . whether it is on your end or mine. Suppose I will give it a rest for a few days and come back another day or so.