Glass Shelving

Dom DiCara

My father wants a good size display cabinet for all of the little figurines my Mom has collected in the past 70 years....yes it looks like a Hummel warehouse exploded in their living room!

Anyone have a good source for glass shelving that will ship it as well? The local dealer down here in New Smyrna knows he is the only game in the county and has priced himself accordingly.

Thanks in Advance:thumb:

I have made several glass shelved units for my wife's bell collection. Double-thick or quadruple-thick glass with polished edges is fairly expensive. But, I suggest you bite the bullet and get it done locally. For whatever reason when I order the shelves the store(s) (I have tried several) just don't get it right and I have to insist they do it over. That kind of interaction with a mail order company just isn't possible. And, I believe, the shipping would be very expensive with the special packing that would be required.
Or, you could buy large pieces of glass and cut yourself. Possible but would be a huge nuisance.

Dom, You might call some other cities to see what they are charging if you don't want to deal with the local guy. With the weight of glass and the fact that it could get broke in shipping, it won't be cheap to ship if bought on the internet. See what the difference is and if it's worth the cost of gas to drive somewhere else to get it.

Just my .02 :wave:

Dom, You might call some other cities to see what they are charging if you don't want to deal with the local guy. With the weight of glass and the fact that it could get broke in shipping, it won't be cheap to ship if bought on the internet. See what the difference is and if it's worth the cost of gas to drive somewhere else to get it.

Just my .02 :wave:

Thanks to all. I might have to take a day trip down to Orlando. Thanks again for all of the responses:wave: