Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mini Gloat

Mini Gloat

I broke down and bought another cordless tool, a Bosch IXO 3 mini driver....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bosch_ixo_3.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	27.6 KB 
ID:	53042

Sure seems like a useful little driver, first Li-Ion tool I've owned. Got it on sale for less than $50, includes a bunch of bits and the charging stand.

I have to take apart some old steel cabinets from the L shop soon, one of them has a bunch of heavy duty full extension drawer slides that I'm wanting, but the spacing between shelves is tight, as they are for holding wrapping paper, I can get my hand back there but just, so no driver dill I own now will work. Those full ext sliders are NOT cheap here, so I bought this to get them out, and I'm sure I'll get a few more uses out if it.

It came in this neat tin box......

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bosch_ixo_3_tin.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	69.0 KB 
ID:	53043
    I'm sure I won't store the tool and charging stand in there, but the tin box will be used for something! Much better than another stupid plastic carrying case, IMHO

Thanks Grama for buying me a new tool! (Think I should tell her she bought it for me.....? )

Cheers!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

That will be handy. My FIL has a ridgid that's similar. It's a stout little sucker too. It's also surprising how long it holds a charge. It works well for getting in those tight spaces.

Just an observation, are all bosch tools green in Japan? Just curious because they're blue here.

Nice! I need to pickup a small power driver like that sometime for small tasks.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Wow, that looks like the Skil power drivers they sell over here. Skil Cordless Screwdrivers

A little googling and corporate history says Skil was bought by Bosch in 1996. More googling and it turns out Stu's tool marketed as Bosch in Japan isn't sold under that name here. Boy it gets confusing.

For what it's worth

Cheers,
    Last edited by Dan Gonzales; 01-11-2011 at 05:11 PM.
    Dan Gonzales
    Whittier, CA, USA
    Dona nobis pacem

Looks good. I'm debating buying another cordless screwdriver or staying with my old B&D. The batteries are about shot and I have replaced with new a couple times.
    As we all know, the batteries are the weak link with these tools.
    Decisions, decisions........
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

I used it some tonight, and I think this little tool will get a LOT of use!

The Bosch green is the handyman line here, the Bosch blue are the pro version, and are MUCH more expensive. I saw this one with the Red Ryobi side by side, but the Bosch felt better in the hand, they also sell a B&D unit, but it was slightly bigger, and I've still not gotten to the point of trusting the B&D stuff, a few years ago I saw some here that were complete junk, so I'm still gun shy on that brand. The Ryobi and the Bosch are rated for torque at 3Nm, and the B&D was 4.3Nm

I said I like this new tool right
    Last edited by Stuart Ablett; 01-12-2011 at 03:03 AM. Reason: I said "Skill" I meant "B&D"
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Congrats, Stu. I've got a similar Li-Ion driver by Metabo. I'm most impressed with how long a charged battery lasts.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Stu let us know how this little baby holds up in real use. I have seen similar around but always been wary of what they really can do.
    cheers

I have the Skil version and love it.
    You would be surprised as to how certain models of tools are only available in certain countries. Makita, hitachi, Hilti are only a few.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gibson View Post
    I have the Skil version and love it.
    You would be surprised as to how certain models of tools are only available in certain countries. Makita, hitachi, Hilti are only a few.
    Thanks Stu, It's funny how different companies brand things.
    Last edited by John Daugherty; 01-11-2011 at 11:28 PM.