Thread: Just back from Haiti

Buse Township MN

Just back from Haiti

I just returned from an incredible trip exploring some potential future mission trips AND to meet the little girl we are adopting. I thought I would share a few pictures here as it really and truly does look just like the media portrays it.

A trip like this really puts American "problems" into perspective.
    Every child deserves a family. Adopt. Foster. Get involved.

Delton, Michigan
    and to think some complain about mowing a small lot in the cities yard, those folk dont have a yard just a trash heap to wander yur looking forward to having the new addition to your family barry.. boy or girl
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Santa Claus, In
    Congrats Barry for stepping up.

I do however have to wonder where all the help dollars have went. Corruption must be rampant in the area.
    If you don't take pride in your work, life get's pretty boring.

Rule of thumb is if you don’t know what tool to buy next, then you probably don’t need it yet.

Escondido, CA
    Many of the dollars went to improving infrastructure, like clean water. And it wouldn't be a big surprise to find that too much wound up in private pockets.

I lost a friend from seminary in that earthquake. He, his wife, and his cousin were there to teach. His wife and cousin got out when the building they were in collapsed. Ben didn't. He was in his middle twenties, an incredibly talented young man. He would have graduated last May.

Thanks, Barry, for the work you are doing there. And blessings on your adoption. I know the blessings will work both ways.

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

Kansas City, Missouri
    It's always eye opening to see pictures like that when they come from a more trusted source than the media.

Congratulations on the adoption, hope all goes well.

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

new york city burbs
    wow, channel 5 local news just tonight was having a segment about how and if the money donated(earthquake was one year ago) is getting to the people.
    The news claims 90% of the damage from the quake is still the same,nothing has been redone.
    It showed a bunch of pickup trucks donated with weeds growing on them that havent been put to use yet, something about high importing taxes.
    Its such a shame.

Vancouver Island, Courtenay/Comox Valley, British Columbia
    Congratulations on the adoption. I wish for you health and happiness all around.
    AKA Young Grasshopper Woodworker
    AKA The Rookie

Buse Township MN
    Thanks for the kind words folks, they are appreciated!

For those interested in the orphanage's story since the earthquake, it can be found here:
    Every child deserves a family. Adopt. Foster. Get involved.