Mini-van humor

Dan Gonzales

My wife's been out of the country for the last 10 days and I have been driving our Toyota Sienna more than usual. A friend sent me this link to influence my perspective.

Toyota Swagger Wagon

Kidding aside we are very satisfied with the ride, capabilities, mileage and ALL THE SPACE our Swagger Wagon provides. Kid chauffeuring, school mornings, airport runs, Costco shopping... this van rocks! Maybe we'll get this one next time, “Swagger Wagon Supreme”.

Cheers,

Last edited:
Hi,

About 5 years ago Myrna and I went out to select a new car to replace her 5 yr old Camry. I was going to take the Camry as a "go to work" car. Well it ended up that she wouldn't switch. She loves that Camry.

So I got a new car to take to work to set out in the sun all day and get dusty.

I guess that isn't too wierd however, since it sits out all day and night at home because some idiot took up all of the 3 car garage for woodworking.

Do you know the definition of a garage? It is a building that houses $400 worth of junk while $60,000 of car sits out in the dirt.

Enjoy,

Jim

Very funny:thumb:

Toyota is pulling out all of the stops to refurbish their tarnished image. Shame really...they have always made good vehicles

Do you know the definition of a garage? It is a building that houses $400 worth of junk while $60,000 of car sits out in the dirt.

$60,000 for a car, not in this household!:rofl: We are both native born Washingtonians, where a car was always something that got you from point A to point B without getting rain on you. Never been part of the California car culture that is now nationwide. My 97 Ranger pickup gets washed maybe once year and would not know what a wax job is! I drive it everyday to work and back. I see people driving around now with large expensive pickups that have never seen a real load in the back. When I needed some 5/8 minus for my paver walkways, I went to my local landscaping supply and they loaded me up with the front loader. Never seen any fancy rigs doing that. No, that sucker can sit outside in the rain. My woodworking stuff costs way more than my pickup.:D

$60,000 for a car, not in this household!:rofl: We are both native born Washingtonians, where a car was always something that got you from point A to point B without getting rain on you. Never been part of the California car culture that is now nationwide. My 97 Ranger pickup gets washed maybe once year and would not know what a wax job is! I drive it everyday to work and back. I see people driving around now with large expensive pickups that have never seen a real load in the back. When I needed some 5/8 minus for my paver walkways, I went to my local landscaping supply and they loaded me up with the front loader. Never seen any fancy rigs doing that. No, that sucker can sit outside in the rain. My woodworking stuff costs way more than my pickup.:D

Same here Bill... I have a '91 Ranger I bought used from a friend.. I paid $1500 for it... it had 49,000 +/- miles when I got it, now has about 110000 +/- (since retiring don't use it as much... as when in Houston... it was my commuter there about an hour each way.. maybe 30 miles... rarely got it outside the city limits there... here it's my hauler for garden manure, hold the trash until I make a garbage run, hauls my show equipment to/from the shows... my friend got bumped in the rear end and was driven under another vehicle in front... the front bumper on the driver side is down about 15 degrees.. the bump did something to the gas gauge reader in the gas tank... only way I can tell how much gas I have.. watch the mileage... it takes a screwdriver inserted into the tailgate latch on the passenger side to open the tail gate.. the AC has never worked... someone tried to fix it before I got it.. only made it worse... every bump you hit changes the radio volume, I finally got the short in the head lights fixed so I don't blow the passenger head lamp constantly... I think I washed it the second year we lived here, and will rinse out the bed after hauling the garden manure... it doesn't do my booth fixtures any good with all that manure dust back there... I have put a camper top on it so I don't have to use tarps to cover my booth anymore... it starts every time I go... love the truck... it does sit under the carport next to the Avalon, but then I have a separate shop building.