Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Math Algebra Guru

Math Algebra Guru

Anybody a guru of this stuff? Need a link or two to find some formulas and deffs.
    If you don't take pride in your work, life get's pretty boring.

Rule of thumb is if you donít know what tool to buy next, then you probably donít need it yet.

I can probably answer any algebra questions you can come up with, but don't know of any link sites really. Ask away

That school stuff starting to kick your ole back side hey Steve. I can give you a link to Jacob He may tutor you.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    "Thereís a lot of work being done today that doesnít have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesnít have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

My mom was a math teacher and still does a bit of tutoring...but it took me 3 or 4 tries to get thru college algebra... Hope you find what you need!
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

OK what I have is a list of Algebra, trig and geometry terms. I have to give a definition of the term and a real life example of how it would be used. Supposed to be quick and to the point, per instructor.

An example would be the theory to figure a pyramid, sorry can't remember the name. Def/ formula; c2= a2 + b2, can't even make it look right on this here machine, but you get the point. Real life; would be to use to square a deck or concrete pad.

I hope that all makes sense.

Rule of thumb is if you donít know what tool to buy next, then you probably donít need it yet.

Not sure how much of your list is going to be on it, but I'd try wikipedia first.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_theorem

That's where I am headed first Jeb. See what I can find. Guess I should expect the unexpected, a math class with no book. Should be a ton of fun.

Brooklin ON -- 45 mins. NE of Toronto, ON
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Southwood View Post
    OK what I have is a list of Algebra, trig and geometry terms. I have to give a definition of the term and a real life example of how it would be used. Supposed to be quick and to the point, per instructor.

An example would be the theory to figure a pyramid, sorry can't remember the name. Def/ formula; c2= a2 + b2, can't even make it look right on this here machine, but you get the point. Real life; would be to use to square a deck or concrete pad.

C≤ = a≤ + b
    ≤ = alt + 0178 (number lock on)
    Mack C. in Brooklin ON
    It feels great to sell a pen,
    It feels even greater to give one to a friend!

If your presence doesn't make an impact;
    Your absence won't make a difference!

I am a proud supporter of
    "Pens for Canadian Peacekeepers"!

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Southwood View Post

Pythagorean theorem
    "Thereís a lot of work being done today that doesnít have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesnít have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward