Let the Holiday gloats begin--Updated Gloat

Okay, Santa finally made it to my house during the night, in snow shoes I guess, dropped off a couple of things and left me a note. The note said that he had been very busy and since I was moving at a snail's pace in my shop, he figured it was okay if my gifts are coming later, in dribs and drabs.

So this is what I got today. I include a picture of the box, and what's inside the box so you won't squawk that it's an empty box. :D

These are luxury items I admit, and I probably don't need them, but I'm pretty happy anyway.

gift1a.jpg

gift1b.jpg

gift2a.jpg

gift2b.jpg

Laie_13.gif

loveshower.gif

balloons.gif

Last edited:
Great presents Cynthia!

I've done some power carved details using my dremel but I'm pretty sure it has no comparison to that Foredom drill. Only its size makes it so more comfortable to use, and I bet that it's weight is one third of a dremel.

I would advice you that when you use make sure you have a dust extractor, shop vac hose next to your piece, those things make a lot of fine dust that goes right into your lungs.

More Holiday Gloats!

I've been frustrated with the small table on my Shopsmith Mark V Model 500, and the lack of precision (probably due to my lack of experience) and with the table saw feature in general, so I finally treated myself to one of these on Jan 3rd ... for $550 at Lowe's:

Bosch_100-09_WithGravityRiseStand.jpg

Believe me; I know that I could have gotten much more saw for not much more money, but I just don't have the room for a "stationary" saw, even if it's on wheels. :( I'm hoping that with this (at least psychological) barrier removed, I'll be able to get myself to make some "real stuff". :dunno:

I picked up one of these for it yesterday, to replace the ho-hum stock blade:

Diablo_D1040X_10inch_40tooth.jpg

I haven't mounted it yet, but I'm hoping that the combination of .092" riving knife and .098" thin kerf blade will work out OK. :dunno:

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Speaking of combinations, I also picked up one of these drill/driver sets. My first Makita tools, and they're not even that yucky blue-green color! :thumb:

Makita_LCT203W_10.8v_DrillDriverCombo.jpg

Heh heh. I first used the driver to mount some "hangers" from the floor joists above my basement shop. It made such a racket that our two Labs (who were on the floor upstairs) took off running!

Last but not least, I finally made it to Sears yesterday and picked up this 18" electric unit that I bought via PayPal a week ago for $85 + tax:

Worx_WG04_18inch_ElectricChainsaw.jpg

Nice haul all around, Kerry. :thumb: All of the new toys will come in handy. (I used my electric chainsaw just a couple nights ago. Come to think of it, I've used my tablesaw and impact driver in the last 24 hours, too.)

Well, this afternoon I got another couple of packages from Santa, and another note.

router1.jpg

router2.jpg

drillpress1.jpg

drillpress2.jpg

sawzall.jpg

The note said, "okay, I brought you a 13" floor DP. It's not a real fancy one, but you gotta have one, and if you outgrow it, LOYL will be happy to have it in his shop. The router is a good solid one, a Milwaukee 5616. If you need a more powerful one at a later date, then you can use this one as your plunge router. You can never have too many routers. Be good, there's just one more thing coming."

LOML insisted on the Sawzall. He thinks it's safer for me to use outside than a chainsaw when possible.

I'm happy.
2lbkos0.gif
confetti.gif
xmasunwrap2.gif

No wonder it took santa so long to deliver those tools. His sled was overloaded and couldn't get off the ground!:rofl::rofl:

Will the milwaukee router fit in the lift? Your drill press looks like the same one loml got me for christmas from tractor supply. It has done everything I've needed it to do and for only $169 out the door.:thumb:

No wonder it took santa so long to deliver those tools. His sled was overloaded and couldn't get off the ground!:rofl::rofl:

Will the milwaukee router fit in the lift? Your drill press looks like the same one loml got me for christmas from tractor supply. It has done everything I've needed it to do and for only $169 out the door.:thumb:

:rofl: :rofl:
that's a big 10-4. i emailed Santa last week the list of routers that would fit in that lift. :rofl: glad you endorse the DP! :D :D

I've been frustrated with the small table on my Shopsmith Mark V Model 500, and the lack of precision (probably due to my lack of experience) and with the table saw feature in general, so I finally treated myself to one of these on Jan 3rd ... for $550 at Lowe's:

Bosch_100-09_WithGravityRiseStand.jpg

Believe me; I know that I could have gotten much more saw for not much more money, but I just don't have the room for a "stationary" saw, even if it's on wheels. :( I'm hoping that with this (at least psychological) barrier removed, I'll be able to get myself to make some "real stuff". :dunno:

I picked up one of these for it yesterday, to replace the ho-hum stock blade:

Diablo_D1040X_10inch_40tooth.jpg

I haven't mounted it yet, but I'm hoping that the combination of .092" riving knife and .098" thin kerf blade will work out OK. :dunno:

Speaking of combinations, I also picked up one of these drill/driver sets. My first Makita tools, and they're not even that yucky blue-green color! :thumb:

Makita_LCT203W_10.8v_DrillDriverCombo.jpg

Heh heh. I first used the driver to mount some "hangers" from the floor joists above my basement shop. It made such a racket that our two Labs (who were on the floor upstairs) took off running!

Last but not least, I finally made it to Sears yesterday and picked up this 18" electric unit that I bought via PayPal a week ago for $85 + tax:

Worx_WG04_18inch_ElectricChainsaw.jpg
Nice haul! Congrats!