Parts Washer Question

Question:

LOML just bought a "parts washer" for his shop, set it up, took out the instructions, and it says "DO NOT USE ANY NON-AQUEOUS SOLUTIONS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES"

Are they for real? Who ever heard of a parts washer that you can't put Varsol or mineral spirits in?

Advice? i.e. he's mad like a hornet.....

I've always used water based solutions in my parts washer and it works pretty well for getting the grime off. There are some really aggressive detergent type products out there that can really get the dirt and grime off parts.

I wash'em, I dry'em, and then give them a spray of wd40 to get rid of the water and keep them from rusting.

A lot easier to properly dispose of than petroleum based products.

I'll let some of the other guys chime in, but I'm not real keen on having a big ole tub of flammable solvents just hanging around.

When I was actively working on restoring a 46 chevy, I had plenty of parts that needed cleaning and I found the heavy duty water based cleansers to do a good job.

Hi,

You brought back memories of my oldest son, Greg. He had a foreign car garage (Ferrari, Lamorghini, Jaguar, etc.). A man that worked for him put a Ferrari 12 (they are all 12, Dino's are 6) clyinder carbuerator in the cleaning bath and left it over night. Guess what? It cost $4,800 wholesale (that was in the late 1950's or early 1960's---I dont think God could afford one today) for a new one to replace the destroyed unit.

I hope you can translate Jim Bradley Fractured English. If not, you didn't miss anything.

Enjoy,

Jim

Hi,

You brought back memories of my oldest son, Greg. He had a foreign car garage (Ferrari, Lamorghini, Jaguar, etc.). A man that worked for him put a Ferrari 12 (they are all 12, Dino's are 6) clyinder carbuerator in the cleaning bath and left it over night. Guess what? It cost $4,800 wholesale (that was in the late 1950's or early 1960's---I dont think God could afford one today) for a new one to replace the destroyed unit.

I hope you can translate Jim Bradley Fractured English. If not, you didn't miss anything.

Enjoy,

Jim

:huh::dunno:

Hi,

Enjoy,

Jim

I got it