Thread: About the 2011 FW Calendar

About the 2011 FW Calendar

The last-minute effort to put together a Family Woodworking photo calendar for 2011 has pretty much fizzled out. I received hi-res photos for a total of 11 photos. (And one of those is still only 600 pixels long, which would end up way too grainy for a printed calendar.) 10 or 11 photos is not really enough to do a 12-month calendar. Since the interest in a 2011 calendar is pretty slim (only one person has actually requested it), I'm not going to put any more effort into it. Instead, I figure anyone who wants one can simply make their own on the CafePress website. Here's the link to the custom calendar page at CafePress:

http://www.cafepress.com/make/custom-calendars

I've put the photos that were submitted here for anyone who wants to use them when making their own calendar:

http://familywoodworking.org/forums/...ndar%20photos/

I still think a Family Woodworking calendar is a great idea, and would like to do one for 2012. But now I know we need at least a couple months to really put the thing together. (And of course we're gonna need more than 11 photos.)
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Vancouver Island, Courtenay/Comox Valley, British Columbia
    Well, that's too bad about the calendar, but how about we just take our time and do one up right for next year. I'd buy a handful of them if we do it. How about a reminder now and then for when we have to submit pictures and what you require for resolution?

You're the best,
    cynthia
    AKA Young Grasshopper Woodworker
    AKA The Rookie

Nice try Vaughn
    Thanks
    It could be worse You could be on fire.
    Stupid hurts.

Thanks for trying Vaughn... Hopefully with advanced warning, we can work on getting some nice pics for next year.

(Allen! Get some good pics of that bed you just made!)

bummer d00d!
    I would agree that regular reminders would prolly yield better results. If I can help somehow, let me know.
    mj

Someone further down the thread suggested quarterly competitions for entries. Perhaps it is time to solicit? Beats trying to get everything together in December!
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rennie Heuer View Post
    Someone further down the thread suggested quarterly competitions for entries. Perhaps it is time to solicit? Beats trying to get everything together in December!
    ok if they done that rennie they could take the top three choices, and that would guarantee the twelve needed pics..
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by larry merlau View Post
    ok if they done that rennie they could take the top three choices, and that would guarantee the twelve needed pics..
    That is a great idea Larry
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

bethel springs TN, but was born and raised in north east PA
    Quote Originally Posted by Toni Ciuraneta View Post
    That is a great idea Larry
    I'll 3rd that.