Some more pens!

Mack Cameron

In Memorium
attachment.php

This is a Jr. Majestic Rollerball pen. It's nib and cap end is red polyresin in which the skeleton of a cholla cactus has been cast.
attachment.php

3 Flat-Top American ballpoint pens. L to R = Bumble Bee polyresin, Golden Amboyna, & West African Pauduk.
attachment.php

Chiyogami paper (Oriental) has been cast in a clear acrylic then turned to produce 2 Elegant Beauty pens. A friend did the casting and gave them to me!
attachment.php

For the ladies Zen rollerballs in various colours of Inlace Acrylester. The cap is magnetic to the nib and finial ends.
attachment.php

More for the ladies a Zen rollerball and a Diva in Pink Pearl polyresin.
attachment.php

Last 2 -- A Diva and a Vertex in Cetacean Seas polyresin.

Very nice collection you have there! Amazing what's being turned into pens. I really prefer the pens that look like normal pens, without all bizarre shapes, but that's prolly just me. Excellen selection and craftsmanship!
mj

Mack, I get the impression that you've got bushings and drills for pretty much every kit made. :D You turn a bigger variety than anyone else I can think of.

This latest batch is gorgeous, as is typical for your work. :thumb:

Mack, I get the impression that you've got bushings and drills for pretty much every kit made. :D You turn a bigger variety than anyone else I can think of.

This latest batch is gorgeous, as is typical for your work. :thumb:
Hi Vaughn; Thanks for your comments. Every bushing that I have comes from johnnycnc on IAP. The are all cnc'd on a metal lathe and allow me to turn between centres eliminating the mandrel. It's the only way to turn pens in my opinion! Some are still fighting it, though!

I am missing some of his bushings simply because I don't like that particular style of pen. Just me I guess!

Hi Vaughn; Thanks for your comments. Every bushing that I have comes from johnnycnc on IAP. The are all cnc'd on a metal lathe and allow me to turn between centres eliminating the mandrel. It's the only way to turn pens in my opinion! Some are still fighting it, though!

I am missing some of his bushings simply because I don't like that particular style of pen. Just me I guess!

Thanks for the reminder about johnnycnc. I want to get set up for between center pen turning one of these days, but budget considerations keep me from doing it. Until then, I do have an adjustable mandrel and like to turn a single barrel at a time to reduce any whipping. I just got an order for a few of the Apollo Infinity kits from PSI, but I took advantage of their "Starter Package" that includes the bushings and drill bits with a pair of kits. So at least for this batch, I'll still be using the mandrel.

Thanks for the reminder about johnnycnc. I want to get set up for between center pen turning one of these days, but budget considerations keep me from doing it. Until then, I do have an adjustable mandrel and like to turn a single barrel at a time to reduce any whipping. I just got an order for a few of the Apollo Infinity kits from PSI, but I took advantage of their "Starter Package" that includes the bushings and drill bits with a pair of kits. So at least for this batch, I'll still be using the mandrel.
A great deal on the Apollo's. I haven't turned them yet. So many different styles, so little time!

I look forward to seeing them when you get them finished.:thumb: