Did some cleanup in the shop

I opened up a few boxes and did some cleanup/organizing. First couple of pictures are the 'before' pics. I forgot to take the 'after' pics.

I also took pictures of some of my tools. My Lie Nielsen chisel set, Planes and spoke shave. There is a No. 7 Bailey which I need to clean, a 4 1/2 Lie Nielsen smoother (need to clean the rust), Lie Nielsen low angle block plane, Lie Nielsen 3/4" shoulder plane and Veritas flat spokeshave.

Two Dozuki saws.

Carving tools.

Turning arsenal

Rockler Dovetail jig which I had picked up for $35. I have never used it and don't know if everything is there or not.

My mini lathe and the grinder/sharpening jig.

Attachments

• IMG_0476.jpg
    IMG_0476.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_0493.jpg
    IMG_0493.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0491.jpg
    IMG_0491.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0489.jpg
    IMG_0489.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0487.jpg
    IMG_0487.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_0486.jpg
    IMG_0486.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0482.jpg
    IMG_0482.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_0481.jpg
    IMG_0481.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_0480.jpg
    IMG_0480.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_0477.jpg
    IMG_0477.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 141
That looks like the new version of the Rockler jig. Looks to all be there except for the 2 router bits. You can download the instruction at Rockler. They improved the directions for the new version. Much easier to understand.

Great looking tools :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Your shop is starting to take shape Mohammad:thumb: I am excited for you:)

Tom stole my words. I was thinking exactly the same thing. Its always exciting to see a new shop in progress and i have to admit i was drooling over some of those tools.:D

Mohammad there is one thing i would like you to post a full picture of if you dont mind and thats your grinder. Looks to me like there could be a neat stand for storing that gouge sharpening jig away and it hit a nerve with me, i always loose that piece in the shop somewhere. Would love to see what you came up with.:);)

Very cool. What an exciting time; getting things dug out and starting to layout your space. Congrats and thanks for taking us all along for the ride ;-)

Last I remember you were living in an apartment wondering how the heck you were going to manage building furniture there. Seems you have been infected with the woodworking bug and he has burrowed deep under your skin. :thumb:

Alex, I was infected by the bug about 7 years ago. That is when I took a class in woodworking 101 at a local college. Due to a lack of a home shop, I wasn't able to really dive into this hobby but managed to stay connected by taking few classes over the course of the next few years. Being part of forums like this also helped. I also gathered a few tools along the way.

As budget permits and wife looks the other way, I will slowly buy some big power toys now.

Looking good!
7d62a275027741d98073d42b8f735c68.gif
11d867796d85db8cad5280ac44cec7c1.gif
a57d48399922b03419153a9760c5ce53.gif

Mohammad,

How do you like the shoulder plane? I have been thinking of getting one for quite some time but I keep finding things where it would be handy to have.

Is that the medium size?

Brian

Alex, I was infected by the bug about 7 years ago. That is when I took a class in woodworking 101 at a local college. Due to a lack of a home shop, I wasn't able to really dive into this hobby but managed to stay connected by taking few classes over the course of the next few years. Being part of forums like this also helped. I also gathered a few tools along the way.

As budget permits and wife looks the other way, I will slowly buy some big power toys now.

this is what gets me out here Mohammad. I must have 30 colleges, maybe more within a 45 minute ride of me, and none of them offer woodworking classes.There are some turning classes offered through some clubs, but at this time, Im interested in flatwork and cabinet making.

Brian, I liked it a lot. I haven't used any other shoulder plane so I cannot compare it with others. I bought it to trim tenon shoulders when I was making a coffee table. The medium size was just perfect.

Allen, we have several colleges within a 45 minutes drive that offer cabinet-making classes. The college that I went to offers an array of furniture making classes as well. The good thing was that they were offering these classes on Saturdays and Sundays too. They have since stopped offering weekend classes due to budget cuts.