So spent a little time getting a new table built for the RAS I inherited from my FIL. The old table and stand were just way to huge for me to use. Oddly enough I did end up mimicing the fence clamp system he had done, only I just kind of updated it a little bit.
The old table had the front and rear tables fixed in position, and the fence was clamped in place using wedges.
Bottom View. I used some square iron tube to fix the front and back tables in place. The flat iron strips are what came with the saw and the table and these ride on the table height adjusters.
Top view. The table is 2 layers of MDF glued together and banded with poplar. The poplar is proud of the surface, because I'm using 1/4" melamine as a sacrificial table top.
These Three pictures show the front and back end of the fence clamping system. I cut a 1/4 slot through the MDF before I glued it up to give me a channel to run some 1/4-20 all-thread. On the fence side, I set a threaded insert into the back table and snugged up a brass acorn nut on the end of the all thread. On the back side, I used a nut and a wing nut to make it into a really long thumb screw.
Attachment 53234Attachment 53235Attachment 53236
Front and rear view of the table with the sacrificial tops and a temporary fence.
Attachment 53237Attachment 53238
And here is the table attached to the saw.
Next step is to get the cabinet it will sit on built. Made some progress on that today, but that will be in a separate post. Thanks for looking!