Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cookie sheet pullout

Cookie sheet pullout

I've spent most of my life pulling the cookie sheets out of the bottom drawer of the oven or the oven itself. Since I've got some extra full extension drawer glides, I decided to make a pull-out for the cookie sheets.

Here's the cabinet that will house the pull-out. I'll be removing the shelf.

Here's the pull-out, I'm re-using some plywood from one of the cabinets I took out earlier to match the existing cabinets. I screwed up by not accounting for the slides, so they will be mounted below now, luckily there's enough room to raise it a few inches.

I just bought the individual racks at the blue borg that will be mounted in the pull-out.

More to come later...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20110116_222525.jpg   IMG_20110116_222430.jpg   IMG_20110116_222459.jpg  
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Been thinking about something like this for our upcoming remodel.
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

Vancouver Island, Courtenay/Comox Valley, British Columbia
    great idea! great idea! Are you the baker in the family?
    AKA Young Grasshopper Woodworker
    AKA The Rookie

Chris Hatfield is offline Former Member (by the member's request)
    Mom asked me to design something similar, I need to get cracking on the build.

What a good idea

We have a shelf in the cabinet that hold a dozen or more various cookie sheets and muffin tins. When you go to pull one out they catch on each other and come out with a crash.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Beauty! I have a few pullouts here, at LOML's and her mom's but nothing like that. What a cool idea.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Oh boy you guys with your kitchen mods, you really want to cause me trouble. That is an excellent idea though Darren. Its a source of pain in our house because Linda enjoys baking and uses these trays (as i call them) for all sorts. Sometimes they get put back without having been checked for dirt or residue and the cupboard takes a hit. So this would be a great idea. I think i will assemble them all an then have a cupboard overhaul project. Oh i forgot that is when it snows in the Sahara desert .
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Keeble View Post
    So this would be a great idea. I think i will assemble them all an then have a cupboard overhaul project. Oh i forgot that is when it snows in the Sahara desert .
    For the only time in recorded weather history, snow fell in the Sahara desert in southern Algeria on February 18, 1979. The storm lasted only half an hour and the snow was gone within hours.

I think you're safe.
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia White View Post
    great idea! great idea! Are you the baker in the family?
    My daughter did most of the baking when she lived at home. I get the urge every once in a while. My wife and I have different baking styles. I like my cookies just or just under cooked. A little moist in the middle. She likes hers hard as a rock (ugh!).

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gibson View Post
    We have a shelf in the cabinet that hold a dozen or more various cookie sheets and muffin tins. When you go to pull one out they catch on each other and come out with a crash.
    Yup tried that at the apartment, didn't work out so well.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Since I had the day off, I decided to get some poly on and get it installed. Only had to finish a couple of sides since it was prefinished from the previous cabinet. As mentioned earlier, had to make a riser to put the slides under the platform, which works better as the glides don't rub the door if it's not open wide enough. Turned out pretty nice...

I ended up using "L" shaped cleats to attach the outer slides to, then just screwed the cleats to the bottom of the cabinet.

Here it is next to the pot/lid rack I installed a few weeks ago.

btw...I'm waiting for the finish to harden for a couple of days before putting any cookie sheets in it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20110117_185755.jpg   IMG_20110117_185729.jpg   IMG_20110117_195117.jpg   IMG_20110117_195049.jpg  
    Darren