Cookie sheet pullout

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
I've spent most of my life pulling the cookie sheets out of the bottom drawer of the oven or the oven itself. Since I've got some extra full extension drawer glides, I decided to make a pull-out for the cookie sheets.

Here's the cabinet that will house the pull-out. I'll be removing the shelf.
attachment.php

Here's the pull-out, I'm re-using some plywood from one of the cabinets I took out earlier to match the existing cabinets. I screwed up by not accounting for the slides, so they will be mounted below now, luckily there's enough room to raise it a few inches.
attachment.php

I just bought the individual racks at the blue borg that will be mounted in the pull-out.
attachment.php

More to come later...:wave:

Attachments

• IMG_20110116_222525.jpg
    IMG_20110116_222525.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_20110116_222430.jpg
    IMG_20110116_222430.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_20110116_222459.jpg
    IMG_20110116_222459.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 153
What a good idea :thumb::thumb:

We have a shelf in the cabinet that hold a dozen or more various cookie sheets and muffin tins. When you go to pull one out they catch on each other and come out with a crash.

Oh boy you guys with your kitchen mods, you really want to cause me trouble. That is an excellent idea though Darren. Its a source of pain in our house because Linda enjoys baking and uses these trays (as i call them) for all sorts. Sometimes they get put back without having been checked for dirt or residue and the cupboard takes a hit. So this would be a great idea. I think i will assemble them all an then have a cupboard overhaul project.:thumb: Oh i forgot that is when it snows in the Sahara desert .:rofl::rofl:

So this would be a great idea. I think i will assemble them all an then have a cupboard overhaul project.:thumb: Oh i forgot that is when it snows in the Sahara desert .:rofl::rofl:
For the only time in recorded weather history, snow fell in the Sahara desert in southern Algeria on February 18, 1979. The storm lasted only half an hour and the snow was gone within hours.

I think you're safe.:D

great idea! great idea! Are you the baker in the family? :D

My daughter did most of the baking when she lived at home. I get the urge every once in a while. My wife and I have different baking styles. I like my cookies just or just under cooked. A little moist in the middle. She likes hers hard as a rock (ugh!).

We have a shelf in the cabinet that hold a dozen or more various cookie sheets and muffin tins. When you go to pull one out they catch on each other and come out with a crash.

Yup tried that at the apartment, didn't work out so well.

Since I had the day off, I decided to get some poly on and get it installed. Only had to finish a couple of sides since it was prefinished from the previous cabinet. As mentioned earlier, had to make a riser to put the slides under the platform, which works better as the glides don't rub the door if it's not open wide enough. Turned out pretty nice...
attachment.php

attachment.php

I ended up using "L" shaped cleats to attach the outer slides to, then just screwed the cleats to the bottom of the cabinet.
attachment.php

Here it is next to the pot/lid rack I installed a few weeks ago.
attachment.php

btw...I'm waiting for the finish to harden for a couple of days before putting any cookie sheets in it.

Attachments

• IMG_20110117_185755.jpg
    IMG_20110117_185755.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_20110117_185729.jpg
    IMG_20110117_185729.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_20110117_195117.jpg
    IMG_20110117_195117.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_20110117_195049.jpg
    IMG_20110117_195049.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 86
That came out nice, Darren. :thumb: Should be very handy in use, too.

I'm with your wife on crunchy cookies. Or even a bit beyond crunchy and on the verge of being blackened on the bottoms. When I went to NM for the holidays, my sister had saved a burnt batch of biscochitos especially for me. Best. Sister. Ever. :D

I didn't do the in my kitchen but have a base cab i can convert, and will Great idea and well done Darren:thumb: Now on the pot/lid holder, did you show that earlier, cause if you did I missed that. Where did you find that setup? I am wanting to do that also:)

I didn't do the in my kitchen but have a base cab i can convert, and will Great idea and well done Darren:thumb: Now on the pot/lid holder, did you show that earlier, cause if you did I missed that. Where did you find that setup? I am wanting to do that also:)

I think I mentioned it in my plate rack post, but no actual pics other than the manufacturers. I got it at the blue borg for around $108, but well worth it. I did have to bend some of the tines on the top rack back to accommodate a couple of our taller lids, but works great and LOML is very happy with it. They make a nice door mount for that too, but I have the type of hinges that go in a slot and clamp in (quick release?), so wouldn't have looked very good without hinges.

It's the second from the bottom here: http://wwhardware.com/catalog.cfm?G...=Rev-A-Shelf Dinnerware & Cookware Organizers

Next up is some spice rack door mounts and rear shelving for one of our upper shelving units. Have a trash pull-out to build after that Also started the doors for the cabinets this weekend, will post pics on that as I progress. Thanks for the compliments all. :wave:

Thanks Darren:thumb: Guess I should start saving some more pennies as the cab I want to do that in will hold the larger one:)

Yeah, I wish I had a set of cabinets that were double doors, would have liked that one myself. We only had one double door area and it was across the kitchen and has a corner we need access to for storage. Could make your own too though. Did that for our old house by just making some large drawers and putting in partitions for each pan/pot to have it's own place as well as partitions for lids. I do like the compactness of the wire type though.