old man still in the woods but paying for it

I can not figure out why I shot 2 doe's last night. I did not have any boys around and could not drive to the deer. My back is killing me this morning. But I have meat in the freezer ! 2 perfect shots. One drops in 20 yards and the other 125 down hill. I was in the killing mood and only had 2 arrows. LOL I am glad of that. Its a nice spot or my honey hole as I like to call it. 5 minute drive from the shop and the deer don't move till 5:15 PM . So I got on my stand at 5 and right on Que here come 3 Mama 1st then the little guys came back. I am lucky I only had 2 arrows with me. :eek: I quess you can say I was feeling my oats !:D

Frank we have 3 shelves filled up and all the door shelves filled I was telling Jarrod this late season is a good one. But there are still people who need meat and a few more deer need to be taken for them.

Meat in the freezer is a good thing :thumb:

This year I found myself playing guide to family. Very little time in the woods for me but there is nothing better than introducing someone to hunting. My brothers are still new enough to the sport they shoot almost any deer within range:D The meat is still growing on them so I end up with a decent amount.

Illinois has been a little light with the harvest this year and last. Not sure this is a start of a trend or not, but I know the fees keep going up. In 2005 they were $225, now they are around $410 and headed north (non-residents). Just hate to see the sportsman get squeezed like this.

Boy it does not take long to get on a soapbox today...sorry.

Dave, to save effort on the old back, I bought one of these:
http://www.amazon.com/Magnum-Deer-Sleighr-Game-Sled/dp/B001CJI7XA

It weighs almost nothing and can be carried into the woods. In use it slides slicker 'n snot over any kind of ground. I keep it fastened to the back rack on my ATV. In addition to helping get game out of the woods it could double as an emergency stretcher for injured people.
I also have a toboggan-like sled of hard plastic that serves the same purpose. It is clumsy to carry around and I have only used it to play in the snow with small children.