It runs perfect

But seriously, some of these folks that post on CL are just, what's the word I'm looking for? Oh, yeah, INSANE!

I keep an eye on CL for any items that come up marked for sale nearby in the valley and some of them crack me up. Some guy is trying to sell some used tires for a lawn tractor. He posts them for the same price you'd have to pay for new ones from a retail store, and he keeps posting the darn thing every week... Gotta give it to these folks for the hope they have that someone will buy their junk for next to new retail prices....

Speaking of CL, when I moved from Calgary to the Lower Mainland after 20 years in the same house, I gave away a ton of stuff on CL. I could not believe the junk that people would take for free. After posting, within a couple of hours I got rid of an old BBQ that needed new burners, new handles, was filthy, etc., old pink insulation with an R value of 1. I also gave away some good stuff too, because I just didn't have the time or inclination to haggle over price, an old freezer full of meat :rofl: :rofl:, clothes, toys........I did manage to sell on CL out here a lot of moving boxes, neatly broken down. Someone suggested it and I tried it, and they went like hotcakes. I charged half of what I paid for boxes at Uhaul.

I have found here that if you price it what it's worth on CL. You might get some tire kickers. If you put some thing up at a smoking deal it will be gone by days end.
Bottom line is people shop CL for smoking deals. If you want retail for some thing you are posting it on the wrong site. The name of that site is Ebay:thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl:
KaLea just sold a game on ebay for 15 bucks more than it cost new.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

I have found here that if you price it what it's worth on CL. You might get some tire kickers. If you put some thing up at a smoking deal it will be gone by days end.
Bottom line is people shop CL for smoking deals. If you want retail for some thing you are posting it on the wrong site. The name of that site is Ebay:thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl:
KaLea just sold a game on ebay for 15 bucks more than it cost new.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

True, for collectors items and 'good stuff'.

I think a lot of the folks that post on CL are too cheap to pay the ebay fee and have delusional fantasies of being able to turn trash to treasure...

That saw looks just like mine, which was bought from military surplus here. The biggest thing that sold me was 3hp, 1ph. It only had one extension wing, because it used to have a right hand extension table and a Beismeyer fence, but those were not with it. I only had to pay $435. for it, and drove 15 miles to pick it up. It's been a good saw for me. I picked up a Beis fence and made my rails and side table. Oh, my magnetic switch was in good shape and there was only a little surface rust on the table, par for the course for surplus stuff, which must be left out in the rain for at least a week before sale. I did not get the motor cover. Maybe that makes it worth the extra $400?

Last edited:
I think a lot of the folks that post on CL are too cheap to pay the ebay fee and have delusional fantasies of being able to turn trash to treasure...[/QUOTE]

I am listing my items on CL because I don't want to give my all my bank info to Ebay.

Garry