My new old drill press

Well, my drill press is finally done!

I finally got to finish up my Craftsman drill press 'restoration', and I use that word lightly. It went together pretty well. I took a while figuring out how to tension the return spring (turn it the other way, thank you), and I can only use 3 of the motor mount holes as one is partially blocked by the (capacitor?) and I was too lazy to take it apart to adjust it. I picked up a link belt from Grizzly for $12 thanks to a deal post here and it works great. The motor smelled a bit the first few times it was on but it seems ok now, maybe just the dust re-arranged from being apart.

I broke it in making a little weather station for my folks that has been on the back burner waiting for the drill press - wasn't going to chuck up that big forstner bit in my hand-held!

Thanks for all the help.

Looks great! That is just like one of my two. However your motor band is much better than mine. I had to just sand it down and paint it.

Great job and your going to love that Drill Press!

Thanks everyone. I plan on adding a table to it soon. I have most of what I need, t-track, etc. and just ordered a few table clamps and stops from Woodpecker that were on sale. I also like the idea of the counter-balance lift for the table. I have the clamp you can see in the very first picture of this thread and can use that to hang the weight from, I think, and have some iron weight-lifting-weights I found at a bus stop, too.