Woo-Hoo Holy crap

Chuck Beland

Well, finally after waiting about 4-1/2 months I went to the VA today & got my new hearing aids in both ears all I can say is HOLY CRAP was I deaf. I can actually hear again. I really like being able to hear.
:D :thumb: :headbang: :woohoo:

hey chuck did yu get the new version? the one that has the built in shut oof of all sounds from the wife when they reach a certain decibel:):rofl::rofl:
need to get one up dated for me but i just dont like having to keep it cleaned daily.. just seems to be defeating the purpose..

I hardly ever wear my hearing aids.
I don't consider them aids to hearing at all.
They do amplify but they amplify everything and often overwhelm what I want to hear. Plus the things I want to understand are still not intelligible.
But, I do love it when my wife drops all the pots and pans. Sounds like the end of the world. :eek: I have been waiting for that. :laugh2:

i've been hearing a lot about the Esteem hearing implant lately, have you guys checked it out? from what i understand, it works with the eardrum, and seems to recreate how things should be heard, not just amplified like a standard hearing aid. just a bit of info for you guys. :D:thumb:

I don't need hearing aids, but sure could use something to shut down the high pitched whistle I've been listening to for the last 30 years.. last time I went to an ENT doctor, she said nothing to be done.... oh well..... :dunno:

I don't need hearing aids, but sure could use something to shut down the high pitched whistle I've been listening to for the last 30 years.. last time I went to an ENT doctor, she said nothing to be done.... oh well..... :dunno:

Chuck, they're starting some clinical trials soon in Texas for a new treatment for tinnitus if you're interested. Read about it here. And here are a lot of clinical trials available if you're interested. And here's an even better clinical trial website. I know that's debilitating. :(

Well, finally after waiting about 4-1/2 months I went to the VA today & got my new hearing aids in both ears all I can say is HOLY CRAP was I deaf. I can actually hear again. I really like being able to hear.
:D :thumb: :headbang: :woohoo:

good news is always great to read and Im very happy for you. Now can you do something about the possessed doggie in your avatar.

Congratulations! Losing any of the senses, or biological abilities and then getting them back is a real mind opener. I was having ear infections once and the doc gave me some ear drops and I was temporarily deaf... freaked me out!
I guess I haven't alienated enough people with the "huh?s", "what's" etc to get motivated, and the beautiful thing about electric guitars is the amps all go to 10! (ok, not when SWMBO is home:rofl:)

Time do take it's toll though................sigh.