Lesson Learned - HVLP Turbine

Warren White

I thought I would pass on a lesson I learned today, in the hope that I am not the only idiot out here. (I probably am!)

I have a Graco 4900 HVLP Turbine. It usually works very well, but today all it would do is spit and pee out of the needle. I changed to every needle and seat available and still spit and pee.

A thought came to mind: "Go read the manual, idiot." It read: "Don't fill the cup more that 3/4 full, idiot!"

In my desire to limit the times I needed to fill the cup, I had it pretty much full. I poured some of the paint out, and the spit and pee were gone.

Anyone else out there ever gone through such lunacy? Please, someone. I hate to feel all alone and stupid.

Thanks for letting me rant (at myself)

Warren

nope wasnt me,, becasue i didnt have a turbine,, just a gravity feed gun with a compressor,, mine worked the night before and wouldnt the next mourning i looked all over and my manual never told me to read the idiot section.. so i called a friend and he translated idiot into common sense:D:rofl::rofl: the vent hole was plugged// took a small nail opened the hole tried it again and then had to readjust every thing because i had cranked the pressure up to get it to work and got no where but frustrated.. now the vent gets checked each time i spray and its always cleaned out at the end of the term.. so yur not alone
"i too am a idiot" and are taking pills for it:rofl::rofl:

...translated idiot into common sense:D:rofl::rofl: the vent hole was plugged// took a small nail opened the hole tried it again and then had to readjust every thing because i had cranked the pressure up to get it to work and got no where but frustrated.. now the vent gets checked each time i spray and its always cleaned out at the end of the term...

BT,DT :D :D :rofl: :rofl: