Houston, we have a bandsaw

Chris Hatfield

Former Member (by the member's request)
Very excited! I picked it with a two year warranty for under $350 out the door. Now begins the adventure of getting it set up.

1862d0f9-6abb-c7fa.jpg

If everything goes well I will begin ordering the hot rod parts next week.

Congratulations Chris!!!

Don, I think the picture of the box is him showing off that it actually made it in one piece without the packaging disintegrating on the way :rofl:. That's a first for any equipment I've ever had delivered... :thumb:

1862d0f9-9f0f-7927.jpg

Got it about 90% complete tonight. The hardest part about doing it myself was getting the motor on. Should have done it before I put the saw on.

Tomorrow I will fine tune the motor placement, attach the belt and drive covers, clean off all the cosmoline and see if I can get this baby to hum.

A few things about what I've taken away from it so far:

-Pretty good packaging. No damage to anything except how they bundled the stand parts up, but that's on the inside. Everything else looks good, really good.

-All hardware came in one bag. Took a bit to sort out, but it's fairly good quality stuff and it was all there.

-a couple of things came preinstalled, like the blade guard and the blade itself.

-only one little QC I saw, and that was for the motor supports. Depending on vibration I may have to do a touch of grinding. Otherwise, everything lined up as it should.

Haven't fired it up yet, but I have to say I'm impressed so far.

Im convinced of one thing after buying a few machines like that and having to put them together. If the same person that figured out the packaging for the machine, utilizing every inch of packing space and protecting it all, designed small wood shops, he/she would be quite successful.

Im convinced of one thing after buying a few machines like that and having to put them together. If the same person that figured out the packaging for the machine, utilizing every inch of packing space and protecting it all, designed small wood shops, he/she would be quite successful.

It's probably the same person who designs the Ikea display apartments
That fit a whole apartment in 177sqft.

After lying in the bed for a few minutes with my kids, my back is wondering why my brain decided to heft that thing up the hill by myself. Oh well, I am a hoss.

And my phone takes very nice pictures, thank you. :D

Congrats on the new purchase. Sounds like your on the right track, clean it up good, square up the table to the blade, and setup the guides and blade tension properly, it should be a great machine. :thumb:

Yay! Congrats. Although more assembly is required, that sort of packing sure ought to assure that what went in comes out in good shape.