Thread: Comfort Food

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix

Comfort Food

Well LOML told me tonight that she didn't really feel like eating dinner and asked if I could fend 4 myself, so after careful consideration I opened a can of Cambells Tomato soup and make a toasted cheese sandwich, brings back memories of my youth.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Reno NV
    Good stuff there Don.

Sharon had me make some home made 'Mater soup the other day and grilled cheese for dinner. It's amazing what you can do with canned tomatoes...

Amherst, New Hampshire
    Reminds me of when I would come home for lunch when I was in elementary school. My mom made grilled cheese and tomato soup for me everyday in the winter. She made the soup with milk instead of water because it was healthier. I liked it with water better. She loved to sing. She would stand at the stove singing songs like " 3 little fishies" "how much is that doggie in the window" "Tennessee waltz"

Great memories Don. Thanks.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Rochester Hills, MI
    MMMMM 'Mater soup and grilled cheese, nothin' better!

But speaking of "comfort food", it's so cold out today that I think a nice fresh batch of homemade Mac-n-Cheese may be in order. I've got a killer recipe and it might be just the ticket on a cold winter day. I made a big pot of chili the other night and finished it off last night. That's another good dish for cold winter evenings.

Take care

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"