Pyrography

I have done the best that I can to take pics of them and they are definatly Razortips. The shafts look the same length so it doesn't look like it is modified and I see no sign of any solder markings either, so it is a bit of a mystery.

Attachments

• razor tips 002.JPG
    razor tips 002.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 9
  • razor tips 003.JPG
    razor tips 003.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 9
  • razor tip 018.JPG
    razor tip 018.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 9
Definitely plug in type Drew. Like I said I did a lot of research and e-mailing of the big time burners. They all were adament about fixed tip pens. I know razor makes them as I just ordered one this morning with the cord to adapt to my optima 1. From everything I have seen the razortip interchangable tips are held by two stainless steel screws. You may have to e-mail or call someone that sells those and see what they say.

...From everything I have seen the razortip interchangable tips are held by two stainless steel screws. You may have to e-mail or call someone that sells those and see what they say.

From the looks of the photo, it looks like it has a plug-in tip instead of a screw-on tip. Maybe it's an older style that they don't make anymore? I did find all sorts of replacement tips for the Razortip pens, but no info about plug-in tips.

I'll second Bernie's suggestion to call them up and see what they can tell you.

Just recieved a reply from razortip

"yes our old interchangeable pens where like that ( you could not put
heavy duty tips into them)

chris

Razertip Industries Inc.
PO Box 910, 301-9th Street North
Martensville, SK S0K 2T0 Canada"

So that answers that question.

That is good Drew. Nedra says you only need 3 or 4 tips to do most all burnings. She said that middle one the spoon shader she can do 95% of a burning with it.

That is interesting Berni, what 3-4 tips did she recomend? The magazine I picked up has a page with 36 different nibs with discriptions of all of them and what they do. The only nib that doesn't fit the pen is the med spoon shader.

Drew she said the Razertip - HD5MP Shader, Razertip - F99.008 Writing Tip, and Razertip - #14 Skew. She told me the other she likes and uses quite a bit is the Razertip #HD30M Spoon Shader. She said that this would be all someone would need to do any woodburning. She also said these are the one's she uses for 99% of her work. Anyway just some info. So I bought a Optima 1 shader, writing tip, skew and the razortip HD30M with the cable to adapt it to the optima. I am thinking I should be set.

Drew she said the Razertip - HD5MP Shader, Razertip - F99.008 Writing Tip, and Razertip - #14 Skew. She told me the other she likes and uses quite a bit is the Razertip #HD30M Spoon Shader. She said that this would be all someone would need to do any woodburning. She also said these are the one's she uses for 99% of her work. Anyway just some info. So I bought a Optima 1 shader, writing tip, skew and the razortip HD30M with the cable to adapt it to the optima. I am thinking I should be set.

I have a good start with a few of those tips Bernie. Lv has a set of 5 tips on sale for 18 bucks and the only one that doesn't fit the pen is the spoon shader tip.