Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nouveau Sceptre-Fountain

Nouveau Sceptre-Fountain

Just got this kit with the intention of making a gift for a friend that uses a fountain exclusively. I used some of the Honduras Rosewood Burl i got and finished it with CA. The kit is from Penn State, i took advantage of the high end starter package. Wish the photos were of better quality to show the wood's beauty, the stuff is really pretty. Maybe Mack will give me some pointers on Photography of pens when i visit him. Thanks for looking.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture 002 (Small).jpg   Picture 006 (Small).jpg   Picture 011 (Small).jpg   Picture 015 (Small).jpg   Picture 016 (Small).jpg  

Well done Bill!
    Your fit and finish look great from here.
    Don't care for the kit though.

Les
    Innovation is the process that renews something that already exists and not, as is commonly assumed, the introduction of something new.

Great job, Bill. I'm sure that'll be treasured by your friend. I'm kinda with Les on the kit, but I suspect a fancy pen aficionado will go nuts over it.

Penn State's starter packages make trying out the high end kits a bit easier to swallow, huh? I did the same thing with the Apollo Infinity kit. (The package should be here in a few days.) It's not in the same league as the Nouveau Sceptre, but it's a few steps up from a Slimline, too.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Vancouver Island, Courtenay/Comox Valley, British Columbia
    That's a beautiful pen, Bill.
    AKA Young Grasshopper Woodworker
    AKA The Rookie

WOW! That is beautiful wood. Nice turning job, but alas, that kit just doesn't do it for me. That is just personal preference and I'm willing to bet the receiver will love it.
    "We the People ......"

Brooklin ON -- 45 mins. NE of Toronto, ON
    [QUOTE=Bill Green;262745]Just got this kit with the intention of making a gift for a friend that uses a fountain exclusively. I used some of the Honduras Rosewood Burl i got and finished it with CA. The kit is from Penn State, i took advantage of the high end starter package. Wish the photos were of better quality to show the wood's beauty, the stuff is really pretty.
    Maybe Mack will give me some pointers on Photography of pens when i visit him. Thanks for looking.
    Hi Bill; You have to get here first!
    Mack C. in Brooklin ON
    It feels great to sell a pen,
    It feels even greater to give one to a friend!

If your presence doesn't make an impact;
    Your absence won't make a difference!

I am a proud supporter of
    "Pens for Canadian Peacekeepers"!

Really nice pen Bill. I am sure he will love it.
    Bernie W.

Retirement: Thats when you return from work one day
    and say, Hi, Honey, Im home forever.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

That's a great looking pen, and the wood and finish are fantastic. I'm not sure how I feel about the kit style, but for those who like really ornate kits, this one has got it all.

Thanks for the comments friends. Well, met him this morning in his office and gave it to him. He truly loved it and loaded it with ink and started using it. It was really cool seeing it write so beautifully there is apparently a knack to using one of these, i'm curious but don't know if my writing skills would be condusive to a pen like that. I'm more a primary printer pencil kind of guy lol.
    It was a great feeling to see someone enjoy and appreciate something i made specifically for them, especially someone that has helped me out in the past. One of the reasons i like making pens is the gratification of seeing someone enjoy them.
    Will try to get there this week Mack, if thats ok. It won't be Friday, going to the WW show in Hamilton, what about you? When you going?
    bill.

Brooklin ON -- 45 mins. NE of Toronto, ON
    [QUOTE=Bill Green;262833]Thanks for the comments friends. Well, met him this morning in his office and gave it to him. He truly loved it and loaded it with ink and started using it. It was really cool seeing it write so beautifully there is apparently a knack to using one of these, i'm curious but don't know if my writing skills would be condusive to a pen like that. I'm more a primary printer pencil kind of guy lol.
    It was a great feeling to see someone enjoy and appreciate something i made specifically for them, especially someone that has helped me out in the past. One of the reasons i like making pens is the gratification of seeing someone enjoy them.
    Will try to get there this week Mack, if thats ok.
    Any day or time suits me. Bring your camera with you!
    It won't be Friday, going to the WW show in Hamilton, what about you? When you going?
    Haven't really thought much about it. I'd prefer to go on Friday and miss some of the weekend crowd, if I did go.
    Mack C. in Brooklin ON
    It feels great to sell a pen,
    It feels even greater to give one to a friend!

If your presence doesn't make an impact;
    Your absence won't make a difference!

I am a proud supporter of
    "Pens for Canadian Peacekeepers"!