Nouveau Sceptre-Fountain

Bill Green

Just got this kit with the intention of making a gift for a friend that uses a fountain exclusively. I used some of the Honduras Rosewood Burl i got and finished it with CA. The kit is from Penn State, i took advantage of the high end starter package. Wish the photos were of better quality to show the wood's beauty, the stuff is really pretty. Maybe Mack will give me some pointers on Photography of pens when i visit him. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• Picture 002 (Small).jpg
    Picture 002 (Small).jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 41
  • Picture 006 (Small).jpg
    Picture 006 (Small).jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 34
  • Picture 011 (Small).jpg
    Picture 011 (Small).jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 32
  • Picture 015 (Small).jpg
    Picture 015 (Small).jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 27
  • Picture 016 (Small).jpg
    Picture 016 (Small).jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 32
Great job, Bill. :clap: I'm sure that'll be treasured by your friend. I'm kinda with Les on the kit, but I suspect a fancy pen aficionado will go nuts over it.

Penn State's starter packages make trying out the high end kits a bit easier to swallow, huh? I did the same thing with the Apollo Infinity kit. (The package should be here in a few days.) It's not in the same league as the Nouveau Sceptre, but it's a few steps up from a Slimline, too. :p

Just got this kit with the intention of making a gift for a friend that uses a fountain exclusively. I used some of the Honduras Rosewood Burl i got and finished it with CA. The kit is from Penn State, i took advantage of the high end starter package. Wish the photos were of better quality to show the wood's beauty, the stuff is really pretty.
Maybe Mack will give me some pointers on Photography of pens when i visit him. Thanks for looking.
:wave:Hi Bill; You have to get here first!

That's a great looking pen, and the wood and finish are fantastic. I'm not sure how I feel about the kit style, but for those who like really ornate kits, this one has got it all.

Thanks for the comments friends. Well, met him this morning in his office and gave it to him. He truly loved it and loaded it with ink and started using it. It was really cool seeing it write so beautifully there is apparently a knack to using one of these, i'm curious but don't know if my writing skills would be condusive to a pen like that. I'm more a primary printer pencil kind of guy lol:rofl:.
It was a great feeling to see someone enjoy and appreciate something i made specifically for them, especially someone that has helped me out in the past. One of the reasons i like making pens is the gratification of seeing someone enjoy them.
Will try to get there this week Mack, if thats ok. It won't be Friday, going to the WW show in Hamilton, what about you? When you going?
bill.

Thanks for the comments friends. Well, met him this morning in his office and gave it to him. He truly loved it and loaded it with ink and started using it. It was really cool seeing it write so beautifully there is apparently a knack to using one of these, i'm curious but don't know if my writing skills would be condusive to a pen like that. I'm more a primary printer pencil kind of guy lol:rofl:.
It was a great feeling to see someone enjoy and appreciate something i made specifically for them, especially someone that has helped me out in the past. One of the reasons i like making pens is the gratification of seeing someone enjoy them.
Will try to get there this week Mack, if thats ok.
Any day or time suits me. Bring your camera with you!
It won't be Friday, going to the WW show in Hamilton, what about you? When you going?
Haven't really thought much about it. I'd prefer to go on Friday and miss some of the weekend crowd, if I did go.

Thanks Mack.

I got to spend an afternoon with a premier pen maker yesterday and observe and learn some new techniques and methods in pen making and photography of same. He just happened to be a heck of a nice guy too. Thanks very much to Mack for taking time out of his day to share his knowledge with me. I got to see his current stock of writing instruments too and it was quite impressive. Cheers Mack and thanks:wave:.

I got to spend an afternoon with a premier pen maker yesterday and observe and learn some new techniques and methods in pen making and photography of same. He just happened to be a heck of a nice guy too. Thanks very much to Mack for taking time out of his day to share his knowledge with me. I got to see his current stock of writing instruments too and it was quite impressive. Cheers Mack and thanks:wave:.
Thanks for that, Bill! The pleasure was all mine.