Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some one likes me

Some one likes me

Today a customer comes in the shop so I can follow him to a storage unit about 35 miles away to pick up a period side board and dinning room to do some preservation work to. When he walks in he hands me this period flip top Cuban Mahogany table asks me if I wanted....Heck Ya ! The table has a broken leg that is pretty shattered. SO I start looking for some S.American mahogany because of its golden color. I look through all the bins and nothing the size I need. OK I give up. I called Jack and said it's time to head home and he is ready with tail wagging. I open the door to the van and look over my shoulder and see a pallet, it looks heavy I go over and take a look and I see mahogany as the main supports to the pallet which was used to transport marble to the shop next store. I take it inside and WA_LA ! South American golden mahogany. I get the leg and , ya baby it's a fit. How sweet is that ! I'll post pic's tomorrow.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

Vancouver Island, Courtenay/Comox Valley, British Columbia
    Good for you, Dave. I'm happy for you.
    AKA Young Grasshopper Woodworker
    AKA The Rookie

Faith, Hope & Charity

I dont remember who mentioned it here not too long ago, but tile and marble importers are a good source for exotic woods from all over the world.(the packaging)

Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS...............

Bravo!
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

Sure looking forward to the pics

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hawksford View Post
    Today a customer comes in the shop so I can follow him to a storage unit about 35 miles away to pick up a period side board and dinning room to do some preservation work to. When he walks in he hands me this period flip top Cuban Mahogany table asks me if I wanted....Heck Ya ! The table has a broken leg that is pretty shattered. SO I start looking for some S.American mahogany because of its golden color. I look through all the bins and nothing the size I need. OK I give up. I called Jack and said it's time to head home and he is ready with tail wagging. I open the door to the van and look over my shoulder and see a pallet, it looks heavy I go over and take a look and I see mahogany as the main supports to the pallet which was used to transport marble to the shop next store. I take it inside and WA_LA ! South American golden mahogany. I get the leg and , ya baby it's a fit. How sweet is that ! I'll post pic's tomorrow.
    Im waiting on my wood guy to get a load of south american mahogany.
    I have some but want a few hundred bf.
    You get in a jam, meet me halfway like south jersey, Ill bring what you need.and I can give you larrys piece of chestnut

Good for you, you must be living right!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Isn't it great when a plan comes together?
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com