Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Box Swap Time!!! BOXES ARE ON THE WAY!!!

Hybrid View

Talking Box Swap Time!!! BOXES ARE ON THE WAY!!!

OK folks, I have been involved in a few box swaps in the past and they are to me some of the most fun I have had here. So since it is the middle of winter and not much happening, how about a swap Depending on interest I will come up with the basic rules. Have it being a flat landers box, turned box or what ever it is that some one wants to swap and will involve as many folk here as possible. These are FUN, YES I MEAN FUN so what is the consensus? Is anyone interested
    Last edited by Tom Niemi; 03-31-2011 at 10:20 PM.

Box Swap Time

Sounds like a fun,fun,fun,thing
    May God Bless
    Ken

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    R we resticted to flat boxes...
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

I'm in. And as a Recipient of one of Tom's boxes, I can tell you that whoever gets his next box will be a very lucky person!

Sounds like fun.
    Be excellent to each other. - Rufus

Endevour to persevere.
    -Lone Watie, quoting the Secretary of the Interior

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Dowell View Post
    I'm in. And as a Recipient of one of Tom's boxes, I can tell you that whoever gets his next box will be a very lucky person!
    +1 on that I also have one and am glad I don't need to compete with him. I got a clock too Brent...
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

This could be fun. I have also been the recipient of some nice items from variuos swaps. I stink at flat work but I could turn a box for someone. Count me in. Timeframe is no issue for me. Anytime is OK.

Thanks Tom.

I guess I better check in here a little more often and keep tabs on this.
    Don Orr

Woodturners make the World go ROUND

OK thanks all, looks like we have some interest I am going to give this time for all who want to get in, I would think that by the end of this month should be good. At that time I will get and confirm a head count and come up with a completion date that will work for everyone. Getting excited and am already working on a design

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Niemi View Post
    Have it being a flat landers box, turned box or what ever it is that some one wants to swap and will involve as many folk here as possible.
    Anything that could be interpreted as a hollow object with a lid, as far as I can tell!

The last swap I was involved in I received the coolest oil lamp. I have also received an incredible cherry burl box, so if it creates interest about anything should be included. Flat, Round, Curved, what ever to make it interesting.