Box Swap Time!!! BOXES ARE ON THE WAY!!!

Cynthia, you may not know, but with duct tape on that box, it will be stopped at customs and opened and fully inspected. Could add anywhere from 1 to 2 weeks to it's final home:eek:

Cynthia, you may not know, but with duct tape on that box, it will be stopped at customs and opened and fully inspected. Could add anywhere from 1 to 2 weeks to it's final home:eek:

Steve, I always put duct tape on my boxes and haven't had a problem so far. Let them open it if they want. It's all declared on the notice. (i.e. not much of $value, just sentimental value) :dunno:

Got my package headed east this morning. Should be at its destination by about Saturday. Actually sent two packages...the second one is a surprise for a buddy of mine. ;)

Steve, I always put duct tape on my boxes and haven't had a problem so far. Let them open it if they want. It's all declared on the notice. (i.e. not much of $value, just sentimental value) :dunno:

Hmmm, I've heard that the coating on the duct tape interferes with the scanners they use. It probably won't get held up for more than a week or so...

I wouldn't worry about it too much.

My box went out via Fed-Ex this morning . . . I thought I was running late so I upped the ante - shipping wise. .:eek:

If I had seen this thread I could have put a few more waffle marks on the contents before packaging it. :rofl:

Fed-Ex says it will arrive on Saturday . . . :thumb:

Cheers

Jim

Not my door:thumb:
Brent Cynthia is just learning red neck. When I sent Larry a box last year it was noting but duck tape.:thumb: Post master never even gave it a second look.
A properly duck tapped box will have no cardboard exposed.:thumb::rofl::rofl:

I just checked UPS tracking and my box is sitting at someones back door, SO RUN AND CHECK YOU BACK DOORS:D:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ya'll can stop checking your back doors!!! It wasn't left there either, our UPS man carries dog biscuits in his truck and Lilly always meets him at his seat! Then she checks out the rest of the truck.

Tom, :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: dang man!! ya done fabulous!!!!!!!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
Folks, my camera is at school, will get and post shots tomorrow, if Tom has any, he can post some. Let me say, it took about 20 minutes to unpack and view this box, it was worth the wait!!!!! First thing my wife said, "man that is going to look lovely on my dresser!" :(:eek::doh::dunno::eek: I of course said, "yes it is dear". :thumb:;):D:thumb:

Last edited:
SHIPPED ... at about noon (Mountain Time) today. :wave:

Apologies to the recipient of my box. I was in such a hurry that I didn't include a note about the contents. :doh: I'll write up what I would have said, and send it in a PM as soon as I know the package has arrived.

Not my door:thumb:
Brent Cynthia is just learning red neck. When I sent Larry a box last year it was noting but duck tape.:thumb: Post master never even gave it a second look.
A properly duck tapped box will have no cardboard exposed.:thumb::rofl::rofl:

Chuck is absolutely correct here, and the only reason my box wasn't COMPLETELY covered in duct tape was out of respect for the gentlemanly gentleman receiving it on the other end. :thumb: :D

Ya'll can stop checking your back doors!!! It wasn't left there either, our UPS man carries dog biscuits in his truck and Lilly always meets him at his seat! Then she checks out the rest of the truck.

Tom, :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: damn man! oops, dang man!! ya done fabulous!!!!!!!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
Folks, my camera is at school, will get and post shots tomorrow, if Tom has any, he can post some. Let me say, it took about 20 minutes to unpack and view this box, it was worth the wait!!!!! First thing my wife said, "man that is going to look lovely on my dresser!" :(:eek::doh::dunno::eek: I of course said, "yes it is dear". :thumb:;):D:thumb:

Happy ya like it Jonathan:thumb::thumb: I will post pics on the show thread for you :)

My swap will be heading to the PO as soon as Lucy get's home!

It's been some time since I've done any flat work, so I trust the recipient will take that into account upon his examination of said box. Those damn glue spots don't show up until the finish is laid on!

Box is coming along.

I'm having trouble with dovetailing the cardboard I laminated together. The corners keep bending over when I try to fit the pieces together.
Also I have to remake a new laminated cardboard top. Turns out when I laminated the 4 pieces of cardboard together to get the desired thickness I wanted I left an old shipping label sticking up. :(

By the way, Does anybody know the best way to finish cardboard? I was thinking a nice walnut stain and some wipe on poly or something...

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Brian

this a bump to the fun that box swaps used to be:)