Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Big snow coming

Big snow coming

This morning, they were saying maybe an inch. Now it's up to eight inches. Wonder what they'll say tomorrow?

http://www.accuweather.com/video/904...orm-tracki.asp

Oh, boy.

Thanks,

Bill

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Queen Creek, AZ

55°FCurrent: Clear
    Wind: N at 0 mph
    Humidity: 25%
    Tue

67° | 36°Wed

68° | 36°Thu

70° | 36°Fri

72° | 38°
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Lantry View Post
    This morning, they were saying maybe an inch. Now it's up to eight inches. Wonder what they'll say tomorrow?

http://www.accuweather.com/video/904...orm-tracki.asp

Oh, boy.

Thanks,

Bill
    Bill, no imagine living through that 120 years ago, no electricity, and a whole lot of other things we get to enjoy snug in our warm homes

Take care, don't over do that snow shoveling, that is what kids are for!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

This one's missing us...Goint to the South of us, and heading straight toward you, Bill. Looks like it could get messy, too.

Stay warm and dry - and hire a kid to do the shovelling!
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

OK Bill...........My best Friend really loves us! last night on the way home I stop and pick up 2 pieces of Swordfish and a pound of extra large shrimp. Shelly gets home form work and dinner is almost done we then sit to watch .....what else for 1 and a half hrs. Woopie. Ok I can not sleep because of acid reflux from the tarter sauce and Old Bay, I know but I like it Shelly works on a IEP for school. We both fall asleep late. At 7;30 I roll over and say ; did you alarm go off? she jumps out of bed and grabs the phone and calls school telling the person she is late. The guy on the other end has been a long time friend and Vice Principle and he sort of yells at her What Your kidding me. Then tells her school is closed
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

It just passed through here. Weird storm. You might have 8 inch and the next road over only has a dusting. The freeze line is right along the edge of the storm.
    If you don't take pride in your work, life get's pretty boring.

Rule of thumb is if you don’t know what tool to buy next, then you probably don’t need it yet.

It started early this morning, light snow, maybe we got 1-2 inches so far.
    I hate this stuff already.

Im waiting on Fed Ex to make a delivery this morning then Ill have to see if its warm enough to do some mortise and tenon work for a couple of hours.
    Doesnt seem too cold out today.

we are supposed to get 4" this afternoon Steve. My appointment called a few minutes ago and said the roads to her farm were bad. That dose not concern me but the hour and 15 minute drive is more like a 2-3 hour drive with the way the DC drives are so I canceled that one for the day.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hawksford View Post
    OK Bill...........My best Friend really loves us! last night on the way home I stop and pick up 2 pieces of Swordfish and a pound of extra large shrimp. Shelly gets home form work and dinner is almost done we then sit to watch .....what else for 1 and a half hrs. Woopie. Ok I can not sleep because of acid reflux from the tarter sauce and Old Bay, I know but I like it Shelly works on a IEP for school. We both fall asleep late. At 7;30 I roll over and say ; did you alarm go off? she jumps out of bed and grabs the phone and calls school telling the person she is late. The guy on the other end has been a long time friend and Vice Principle and he sort of yells at her What Your kidding me. Then tells her school is closed
    That is just plain mean.
    Sofa for you tonight.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Staying cold here in northern Arkansas but supposed to be clear skies.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire