Thread: Military family members

Military family members

Folks, I have a couple hundred pens that are needing to find their way into the hands of military people. If you have family (like Don's son) who are in a far away land fighting for our freedom, while quantities last, I will gladly send your family member and their troop members a pen (one pen per person, not one pen per troop!). I need their name, address and number of troop members. I am saying troop, don't know if it is called a squad, platoon, etc. So, first come first served, while quantities last. Let me know. Thanks in advance. And also thank your family member(s) for me.

Jonathan
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Great thought behind the gift Jonathan. Thankfully mine is home.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

Vancouver Island, Courtenay/Comox Valley, British Columbia
    Wow, Jonathan. What a wonderful gesture.
    AKA Young Grasshopper Woodworker
    AKA The Rookie

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    The pens are wonderful, Monday while on skype,m my son showed me his and he said all of em looked as nice, Jonathan send then 65 pens oor his unit while he was over there.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Very nice gesture.

My nephew is deploying to Qutar in May (one month after his first baby, a girl, will be born). I'm sure he'd love one. Working on getting the address (send me the bill for shipping).

Let me restate this so it is more politically correct. Tell me you are sending me a PM and then PM me the address.

Also, this isn't from me alone. This is this year's batch of pens made from pen kits sold to me at a reduced rate from Woodturningz.com and pen blanks donated from the great folks here at Family Woodworking. These are pens my students have turned for soldiers. Thus the quest for addresses.

Don's son and his troop have sent so many nice letters and thank you's to my students. We have sent many pens overseas, but the most mail came from Don's son's troop (please send him my thanks for that Don).

As to cost, thanks for the gesture, but in a flat rate box as long as it is going to a military base/address, the post office sends it free. Thanks Uncle Sam.

Send them on folks.
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING