Thread: Box Swap comming up and it gonna include turned as well as flat works boxes

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix

Box Swap comming up and it gonna include turned as well as flat works boxes

If anyone hasn't seen it, head on down to the Contests and Giveaway Forum. There's a Box Swap taking shape and *all* skill levels are welcome. Come and have some fun with the rest of the Family!
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Sent Tom a PM. Thanks Don...glad I caught it
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears Combat boots

Vancouver Island, Courtenay/Comox Valley, British Columbia
    Deadline is Feb. 4 to put your hat in the ring and PM Tom Niemi your address. Don't be shy--I can guarantee your box will be better than the one I come up with!

Bumping up.
    AKA Young Grasshopper Woodworker
    AKA The Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by KaLea Thoits View Post
    How many threads do we need about the same box swap?
    KaLea,
    Some folks only look at certain parts of the forum specially turner, their funey critters
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Don Baer View Post
    KaLea,
    Some folks only look at certain parts of the forum specially turner, their funey critters
    exactly. by putting it in different forums, we've scooped a bunch more people.....
    AKA The Rookie

KaLea, with all due respect, I disagree. The only reason I look at "New Posts" is because I'm a Moderator and I try to read every new post in every thread every day. Before I was a Moderator, and when I will no longer be a Moderator, I did (and will) only read 3-4 forums regularly. I genuinely believe that the reason we have close to 30 people in this swap, including several new people is because we posted it all over the place.
    AKA The Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Burr View Post
    Sent Tom a PM. Thanks Don...glad I caught it
    Quote Originally Posted by KaLea Thoits View Post
    I think that you underestimate the intelligence level of the majority of your participating membership in that there is a little link right there at the top of the page that says "New Posts" which I dare bet a good deal of your participating membership uses.
    Perhaps a nifty idea, for those who do use that cool "new post" feature, would be to use a tag such as "cross posted" at the beginning of the duplicate or informational posts directing members to a post in another area. Doing such could prevent members from getting frustrated or annoyed reading about the same thing in different places, and avoid confusion (as we have seen with pen blank swaps in the past).
    Kalea, read Jim post, I rest my case.

Oh and are you insinuating that Jim's intellegence level is low.
    Last edited by Don Baer; 02-01-2011 at 01:46 AM.

There's still time to get in on the BOX SWAP. Just PM your info to Tom Niemi. All skill levels are WELCOME!
    AKA The Rookie

Today is the last day to get in on the BOX SWAP! PM your address to TOM NIEMI. 31 people so far. All skill levels welcome.

AKA The Rookie