Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Last Holiday Gloat

Vancouver Island, Courtenay/Comox Valley, British Columbia

Last Holiday Gloat

Well, LOML and I just helped Santa unload his sleigh. He says it's his last stop at our house this year. LOML got the compressor he wanted--(no photo sorry) and this is what I got:

Thank you for all the good advice I got here a couple of months ago....I'm slow, but I do learn.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	planerarrives.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	53566

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	planerarrives2.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	53567

AKA Young Grasshopper Woodworker
    AKA The Rookie

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Kwel... now ya gotta get Glassman to help you lift that sucker onto a table. I got mine on a cabinet all by it's lonesome With wheels. it weight something like 100 lbs.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Cynthia well done and welcome to the DW735 club.

I would unpack that baby rather quickly and check it has no transportation damage.

I cannot remember who had a case of his just recently on our forum so check it out underneath for cracks etc very carefully and take pictures.

Did you get the tables for infeed and outfeed?

What are your plans for the chip exit ? Not sure if it was standard of what but mine came with a flex hose connected to a piece of material that allows it to be tied to a garbage can. Just ensures that the chips are deposited into the garbage can. Its no dust prevention device. But its better than nothing because the chips are sprayed out of this unit by the internal fan. Unlike say a jointer where they use gravity and it just falls out of the lower chute.
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Keeble View Post
    Cynthia well done and welcome to the DW735 club.

I would unpack that baby rather quickly and check it has no transportation damage.

I cannot remember who had a case of his just recently on our forum so check it out underneath for cracks etc very carefully and take pictures.

Did you get the tables for infeed and outfeed?

What are your plans for the chip exit ? Not sure if it was standard of what but mine came with a flex hose connected to a piece of material that allows it to be tied to a garbage can. Just ensures that the chips are deposited into the garbage can. Its no dust prevention device. But its better than nothing because the chips are sprayed out of this unit by the internal fan. Unlike say a jointer where they use gravity and it just falls out of the lower chute.
    You're totally right Rob....I'll examine it closely tomorrow--too tired now. And Don, I'll get the Texas A&M rugby player son to lift it for me...but I don't know where I'll put it. I only have one big table--the one I'm working on. I guess I'll have to build another one.....
    AKA The Rookie

Cynthia, I built one that is the same size as the planer, that way it doesn't become a collecting point 4 other stuff.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Don Baer View Post
    Cynthia, I built one that is the same size as the planer, that way it doesn't become a collecting point 4 other stuff.
    Don, then how do you manage infeed and outfeed?
    AKA The Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia White View Post
    Don, then how do you manage infeed and outfeed?
    short pieces the extension from DeWalt are sufficient. The planer infeed is the same height as my table saw and I put one of these on the outfeed side. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dead Man.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	4.5 KB 
ID:	53568
    $30 at the Orange BORG

As been said, Welcome to the Club!!!

You'll like that planer for sure.

If you want a genuine 735 planer stand let me know, I'm going to be getting rid of mine. It's really a nice stand, but I need to put mine on a flip top so I can store it under a cabinet I've built. I'll even make you a great deal on it...

that's great. The orange borg is really close to me....right next to where they're building a new Costco!
    AKA The Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Dowell View Post
    As been said, Welcome to the Club!!!

You'll like that planer for sure.

If you want a genuine 735 planer stand let me know, I'm going to be getting rid of mine. It's really a nice stand, but I need to put mine on a flip top so I can store it under a cabinet I've built. I'll even make you a great deal on it...
    If I had space I'd buy it from ya I love mine in this small shop.
    A Turn N Time
    Components for John Smith Organs and the Hobby Organ Builder

Frog Pond Guitars

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.