Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The World's Largest Army

The World's Largest Army

The World's Largest Army

I bet you didnít know this. . .

In WWII, Japan's highest-ranking naval officer was Isoruku Yamamoto. Although he was Japanese, and his loyalties were unquestionably with The Empire, he studied for many years in America, graduating from Harvard University.

There is an oft-repeated (and sometimes disputed) quote attributed to him regarding the possibility of any nation taking a war to American soil:

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass."

Here is why he was correct:

America's Hunters - The World's Largest Army.

The state of Wisconsin has gone an entire deer hunting season without someone getting killed.
    That's great, considering there were over 600,000 hunters that got permits this year.

Allow me to restate that number: 600,000

Over the last two months, the eighth largest army in the world - more men under arms than Iran; more than France and Germany combined - deployed to the woods of a single American state to keep the deer population under control.

But that pales in comparison to the 750,000 who are in the woods of Pennsylvania this week. Michigan's 700,000 hunters have now returned home. Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia, and it is literally the case that the hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the world.

And that is just FOUR states.

The total population of registered hunters in America today ranges from 23 million to 43.7 million individuals. (Based on annual data provided by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.) As long as the American Hunter retains his right to Bear Arms, America will forever be safe from foreign invasion of troops.

Hunting Ė it's not just a way to fill the freezer. It's a matter of National Security.

The Second Amendment guarantees your Freedom.
    Jesus was a Woodworker

While these are true facts, although a couple years out of date, I believe. Please don't let the responses get out of hand.

Firearms can be a touchy subject to some.
    If you don't take pride in your work, life get's pretty boring.

Rule of thumb is if you donít know what tool to buy next, then you probably donít need it yet.

Sorry Steve, I wasn't trying to start anything, we have a lot of hunters on here, that's why I posted it. If you feel that it's controversial feel free to remove it.
    Dan
    Jesus was a Woodworker

I can't wait for someone to start some crap in Montana...that would be funny. I avoid living there because I only have 8 guns
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears Combat boots

Deer don't shoot back with 50 cal machine guns.

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Burr View Post
    I can't wait for someone to start some crap in Montana...that would be funny. I avoid living there because I only have 8 guns
    only 8, would last very long here in AZ
    "Thereís a lot of work being done today that doesnít have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesnít have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

You didn't start anything Dan. Just hope it stays that way.
    If you don't take pride in your work, life get's pretty boring.

Rule of thumb is if you donít know what tool to buy next, then you probably donít need it yet.

He didn't say 'rifle', he said there was a "rifleman" behind every blade of grass.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

It would be more correct to say "The worlds Largest Militia"
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Wars are won with crew served weapons and logistics.

A professional army would have no problem brushing aside a group of untrained, unorganized and unsupplied hunters on their way to achieve their strategic aims.

Mike
    Last edited by Mike Henderson; 01-29-2011 at 11:17 PM.
    Ancora imparo
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.