The World's Largest Army

I think it would be a very unwise thing to underestimate the people of this country.

With the many veterans who have passed into civilian life, unorganized and untrained may not be accurate.

As for unsupplied...well, I've seen stockpiles like you wouldn't believe.

It may not be a victory in the end, but these people would take down as many as they could. It would be extremely costly to anyone who tried it.
If you want to win, you don't just go out and shoot an enemy. You take strategic actions which cause the enemy to stretch their forces thin (so that they can be attacked by another group somewhere strategic), or you attempt to capture positions that give you a strategic advantage. To even consider that requires that some person or leader develops a strategic plan, communicates it to the forces, who then have the training, discipline, and equipment to carry out the tactical actions.

It's very romantic to think of a bunch of unorganized hunters taking to the woods and fighting a professional army but the reality is that they wouldn't accomplish much except getting themselves killed.

Mike

Your vision of a bunch of hunters isn't accurate, at least in my direct experience. Hunters aren't the only people who own guns, and they don't just own rifles. The people I'm talking about aren't country bumpkins who go shoot squirrels for fun. I'm talking simulated war-games by current and former military with combat and troop leadership experience.

As I said, it would be unwise to underestimate the civilian sector when it comes to these hypothetical scenarios. As any further discussion on the subject by me would violate the TOS, I'll end the explanation there. Have a nice day.

This thread should end now.
I stopped replying, with PMs, to a member from another country because it is just so inflammatory.
I think it already does not meet the 'family friendly' requirement. I hate pulling the mod thing but if I see one word of TOS violation I'll report.
We all need to take a breath and back off. There are forums you can join where you can vent all you want on subjects just like this.

This thread should end now.
I stopped replying, with PMs, to a member from another country because it is just so inflammatory.
I think it already does not meet the 'family friendly' requirement. I hate pulling the mod thing but if I see one word of TOS violation I'll report.
We all need to take a breath and back off. There are forums you can join where you can vent all you want on subjects just like this.

I agree Frank.I wanted to say a lot more But i really had to bite my tongue.:D