new member where the wind comes sweeping down the plain

Bob Wiggins

Former Member (by the member's request)
I was referred to this site a few days ago by a member here and have been reading posts and enjoying the photos. I'll not mention any name as I haven't determined at this time what is proper site etiquette.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Although I have retired from the natural gas industry where some of our engines and compressors made our 7,000 cubic inch engines look like a toys, I have always reverted back to small wood projects for enjoyment and entertainment but sometimes out of necessity.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
The wife of 40 years and I have raised 3 great kids. We all have degrees of some sort but those weren't always persued in life. One son has his own HVAC business in Texas. On occasion he and I get together for a wood project. Sometimes I don't get the full story over the phone and find the plan has taken a serious detour after he discovers I'm coming. :rofl: Another son has a geography degree and employment is with an oil company. The third ( I call her the professional student) is working on her Phd in micro biology. At this point she has been published, what ever that means.
------------------------------------------------------------------
My tools -- nearly all are from the 50s or 60s and after seeing some photos of equipment here I can see you wouldn't put up with a table saw that the table is tilted to make a compound miter or rip a bevel or champfer.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
This is more than enough rambling so I'll probably be mostly in the shadows until someone tells me to leave. Bob Wiggins

Hi Bob, and welcome! Feel free to show off your 50s and 60s tools...there will be no pointing and laughing, but there might be some jealous drooling from the "old iron" guys. We like seeing it all, old and new, big and small.

Hi Bob, :wave:
If you like old iron, you'll fit right in. I'm not one of the lucky ones that have any of the good old machines but plenty of folks here do.
Drag up a crate and spin a yarn or two. And shake the dust off that camera! :thumb:

DT

Welcome Bob! What part of Okie land are you from? I'm originally from Ada, even though I've lived in Tx for over 30 years.
Good to have youas part of the Family! And it's allright to say who invited you, unless they want it kept a secret! :D Jim.

Welcome Bob, old iron, new iron, don't much matter to us, but without pictures.............. :eek:

:D

Sounds like you have a family to be proud of :thumb:

Mine are still in elementary school, but I'm one proud Papa just the same.

Glad you joined us.

Cheers!

Surely you've seen some if not all of the musical, "Oklahoma!".

Nope. It wasn't about Texas so I didn't watch it. The real reason is that I like a lot of music but I am not much for musicals to say the least. Takes a well rounded guy like you to pick up on these things.

I grew up not real far from Ada near a little town called Hartley, Texas that is.

Well, this kind of got lost in the shuffle but welcome Bob. Nice to have you here.

Last edited:
Man, you're from out by Dumas, TX. I have a friend that grew up there...Reid Stringer. Small world. But Ada is SE of OKC about 90 miles by car. Can't think of a Western OK town you might be thinking of, maybe Altus?
Sorry to hijack your thread here, Bob...we just get carried away from time to time.
So Bob, where are you from in OK? Jim.

Allen, it's all in the title! :D Haven't you ever heard the Oklahoma state song? Surely you've seen some if not all of the musical, "Oklahoma!". Anyway, I am just guessing, but he hasn't said I'm wrong yet.:thumb: Jim.

That was our theme song when I graduated from school, in Oklahoma.
Good song!

Man, you're from out by Dumas, TX. I have a friend that grew up there...Reid Stringer. Small world. But Ada is SE of OKC about 90 miles by car. Can't think of a Western OK town you might be thinking of, maybe Altus?
Sorry to hijack your thread here, Bob...we just get carried away from time to time.
So Bob, where are you from in OK? Jim.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm in the NW part of the state approx 140 miles nearly due west of Tulsa. Out in the dry arid part near the Cimmaron river next to where the Sand Sage and scrub Mesquite grow.