saved from the fire

Frank... you are gloating over something no one is aware of.... kind of like an inside joke, but you're the only one that knows the joke! Be careful...we see individuals laughing or fighting with no one on the main thoroughfares, and well, usually someone makes a call for a "welfare check".;)

Frank... you are gloating over something no one is aware of.... kind of like an inside joke, but you're the only one that knows the joke! Be careful...we see individuals laughing or fighting with no one on the main thoroughfares, and well, usually someone makes a call for a "welfare check".;)

Don't worry thats just ole Frank he does that all the time... pay no attention to him...:rolleyes:

OK, last night by the time I got home it was dark. e.g. no pics
Coming back from town yesterday I took a route I don't usually drive just to sorta check things out around my place.
Passed the home of an acquaintance. He was outside taking advantage of the sunshine clearing branches and brush from his yard. I naturally stopped to chat. While talking he pointed out a tree he had just cut down and said he was going to burn because it was just a "worthless hackberry". :eek:
Once he revived me from passing out ;) he said I could have it all. Made a quick trip to the house for my chainsaw and came back. Two hours and a sore back later I had this load in the truck.
I don't need it all but plan to give away to my woodturning club members. Pieces are cut short enough to split easily and be lathe-useful.
BTW, hackberry finishes beautifully. It takes a very nice chatoyance.
I'll split and Anchorseal the pieces I'm keeping for myself and let dry.
I hear some people turn bowls and stuff from green wood but I don't believe it. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• wood load.jpg
    wood load.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 97
Congrats. That's a nice haul indeed. :thumb: Hackberry spalts real easily, too.

...I hear some people turn bowls and stuff from green wood but I don't believe it. :rolleyes:

With bowl gouges, no less. :eek: What's this world coming to? :p

I don't remember why you prefer to turn dry stuff, Frank. Sure seems easier to remove most of the wood while it's still wet and easy to cut. ;)

Congrats. That's a nice haul indeed. :thumb: Hackberry spalts real easily, too.

With bowl gouges, no less. :eek: What's this world coming to? :p

I don't remember why you prefer to turn dry stuff, Frank. Sure seems easier to remove most of the wood while it's still wet and easy to cut. ;)

One of my club members just picked up some of the wood and he likes to spalt. He lives next to the river and it gets real, and I mean REAL, humid there every morning. I just buries it in piles of leaves.
Not a preference on the dry it is just that I rarely have green wood. This is unusual.