Redoing the floors (and everything else!) in the house.

Brian Altop

I pulled out the hardwood in one of my hallways where the flooring was laid parallel with the decking (car-decking). It was like walking on an ocean, all wavy and un-even. I would have had to sand it over 1/4" to get it flat.

Bfloor.jpg
Bfloor2.jpg

When I pulled all the wood, I decided to build a cold air return vent and put thresholds in all the doorways. I'll be building new casings and doors here later. (maybe sooner if my lovely wife brings up the subject of me having to sleep in the shop again...:D:D)

FI1.jpg

FI2.jpg

The wood is all installed and first sanding is done. I refinish wood floors as part of my business so I've got a big 8/10" belt sander (220v) and a 16 buffer/sander. Sure makes the job quick.

Marker vs Dog.jpg

Well, I took a break from installing the hallway and my dog got too close to me while I had a marker in my hand.:eek::rofl::rofl:
For some reason she didn't appreciate my artwork.:dunno:

Brian

My poor dog, Rooke. I came home a couple months ago and the kids had gotten into their finger paint and she was covered from head to toe in every color hand print you can imagine.:doh::doh:

Oh, well. What you don't see in this picture is that my wife even put lipstick on Rooke after I drew on her. Unfortunately she licked it all off before I could take this picture.:(

My poor spoiled puppy!

Brian