Colossal Storm

So the weather guessers are saying a colossal storm is heading east. The track has it coming right over my house for now. Lets hope it doesn't get that bad. But just in case, the is your official "Bread and Milk Warning".

We haven't had any moisture in over a month. Actually had to start watering the landscaping with a hose yesterday.

Might get a little something today, but I doubt it will add up to much.

Darren, I will look up and west.

I look at it this way. When they predict it this far out, one of two things will happen. It won't be much or it will be worse than figured. Guess about Thursday we will know the answer to that one.

I ran out this morning to finally unbury my sports car, in preparation for weds storm, figured Id move the car and make cleaning out my driveway eaiser.
I backed the car up and a chunk of ice ripped the passenger mirror off.
downer, bummer, I thought the car would just break free and backup, the snow wasnt really snow, just solid ice.

Just got an NWS 'warning' of 2~4 snow Tuesday morning, then freezing rain, then 6~8" more snow Tuesday night. Looks like a long - potentially nasty - week coming.

Watched the weather bit ago. Giving 90% for Tue and Wed. The kids have already missed 7 days and are out of built in make up dates. I haven't had a full week of classes yet myself.

Looks like we are in for a pretty good storm Wednesday:doh:

Bring it on. Trundled the 706 into town today (it's only 2 km) for 110 litres of diesel fuel:eek:. We had spent a couple hours clearing behind the barn, so she was getting down. That tankful will hopefully do us until spring. I sure don't want to wrestle the tire chains of and on again.
Stay warm. Shovel moderately.
Peter:wave:

It almost went below freezing here in Tokyo, I saw a very thin puddle of water frozen on my ride for my cancer shot this AM, I had to actually wear a jacket on the ride.... just a thin fleece, but a jacket just the same. Half way to the hospital, I had to unzip it, too warm ;) :D