Colossal Storm

Uh-Oh!!! :eek:
My furnace is blowing cold air. :eek: Pushed a couple buttons and warm started coming out again.....for about ten minutes, now cold again.
We have back-up, fortunately. But I'll have to call the (expensive) repair service. :(

All of us out on the left coast really are praying for you guys. I know most of you are used to this kind of weather and how to plan for it, but still want you all safe!

We got hit with a lot of ice. (I live in that pink band of precip in vaughns picture.)

We lost power last night at 7:15. Power wasn't restored for nineteen hours.

The temps today were in the 20's and it was cloudy. The house got down to 50. That isn't too bad considering last night's temps were in the teens and the wind was blowing.

we had mostly ice rain last night and some rain this morning. With the mountains of snow on the ground from the previous 2 storms, the streets were just flooded today.
I was in the shop and noticed my nutso neighbor pushing the water with a broom from the front of his driveway across his property in the street over to my driveway. I had about 6 inches of water between snow mountains.
One day Ill upload my security cameras and we can all have good laugh cause the guys off the wall nuts.
He still doesnt understand eventually the water flows towards the ends of the street and it will make its way back to the front of his property.
He gives me a good laugh, and laughing is healthy, so god bless that nutso.
bob, dont be shoveling those mountains, get alot of help.

In one way, we are lucky in north-central Arkansas.
West of us got clobbered, north got it real bad (Jay and Paul country) but we only have bitter cold. Nine degrees this a.m.
My furnace is working but with the warning lights on. :eek:
I'm supplementing with the propane stove in the hopes it will take some strain off the furnace. The furnace, BTW, is a ground source Water Furnace. I'm concerned the cold as reached down to the source pipes about 5' down and cooled them to the point were efficiency is almost nil. As long as nothing pops or starts smoking I'll keep it going.