Shipment Tracking

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
Am I the only one who does this?

I just love it when a vendor sends you a tracking number so you can watch the progress of the shipment and it finds its way to your house. :thumb: :D

On a side note, I've got an order in with Wood Workers Hardware and I've heard that they tend to get things out the door pretty fast, but from what I can tell they don't supply tracking numbers? Got some really good prices on drawer slides and hinges, so I'm not complaining, I just get kind of obsessive wanting to know when I can expect a delivery.

I still do it from time to time. Now that my wife works from home there's no point...I can't get there before she does to hide it anyway. So now it's to know when to expect to be in trouble. :rofl:

I also like when you can track your package, but sometimes some of them don't do such a great job. I think it is mainly USPS. It has happened several times, but the last was with Tools for Working Wood, where the tracking said the shipper had electronically contacted them, but they have not picked it up. It then arrived 2 days later. I was not worried, because Joel does a good job of getting things out the door.

I guess my point is, you get a little frustrated with some of these express companies when they don't follow through on the tracking. I like when you get updates as it arrives and leaves each facility. I am not impressed when you get a notice that it left its origin and then when it hits your doorstep, after traveling across the entire country.

Yeah, the USPS ones are pretty useless, and any of the 'smart shipping' ones aren't... Those are the ones where UPS or FEDEX handles moving the package across the country then dumps it at the local post office to bring it to you. Hate that.

Yeah, the USPS ones are pretty useless, and any of the 'smart shipping' ones aren't... Those are the ones where UPS or FEDEX handles moving the package across the country then dumps it at the local post office to bring it to you. Hate that.

The ones handled by (the now defunct) DHL were the worst!

Re: your Woodworkers Hardware shipment - yeah they're usually very fast. Usually same day shipping. I've ordered stuff from them on Monday morning and had it in my hand by Wednesday afternoon - and that's with their "regular" shipping!

I always get a number from woodworkers hardware. maybe you spam filter grabbed it? And yes, I watch it every day. The worst is Amazon free shipping. Stuff sits in Earth City, Mo for days.

I always get a number from woodworkers hardware. maybe you spam filter grabbed it? And yes, I watch it every day. The worst is Amazon free shipping. Stuff sits in Earth City, Mo for days.

Got the order number from WoodWorkers Hardware, just didn't get any tracking number, and can't find any tracking numbers under the 'my account' area on their site...

I like to watch the progress of things in transit. It's odd sometimes how things ship. I've ordered from Amazon before and it will go from Lexington Ky. to Atlanta and then back to me in Tennessee. Go figure:dunno:

Got the order number from WoodWorkers Hardware, just didn't get any tracking number, and can't find any tracking numbers under the 'my account' area on their site...

Brent...you must have been reading my mind. I needed 25 sets of 22' slides. They were $2.10 there....but $10 at Borg and Big blue....thanks ...you saved me a ton of money there. Never new the place existed.

Maybe...Mods...we should have a sticky on the Hot deals thread to show everyone where we buy our stuff.....just a thought

Can't take credit for it, got the place from searching some old posts and a number of guys here have dealt with them in the past.

Really good prices and the shipping was right. I was almost ready to order from a place that was doing a group buy on slides, but they wanted 95 bucks for shipping, compared to the around 15$ from wwhardware... Heck, even the slides were cheaper than the group buy price...

Can't take credit for it, got the place from searching some old posts and a number of guys here have dealt with them in the past.

Really good prices and the shipping was right. I was almost ready to order from a place that was doing a group buy on slides, but they wanted 95 bucks for shipping, compared to the around 15$ from wwhardware... Heck, even the slides were cheaper than the group buy price...

You are right.....it's like getting a 70% discount off of BORG prices......anyway...thanks again

Re: your Woodworkers Hardware shipment - yeah they're usually very fast. Usually same day shipping. I've ordered stuff from them on Monday morning and had it in my hand by Wednesday afternoon - and that's with their "regular" shipping!

++1 for WW Hardware, been using them lately myself, good communication and fast shipping. Should have posted something here about their drawer glide sale that is going on, got some good discounts. I think it's still good for another week or so. I've bought about 30 sets of glides, thinking about getting another 20 just to have on hand.

Well The drawer slides arrived today! All 40 of them.

I got the value priced 100# ones from WWHardware and I can't tell the difference between them and a high priced set I got from the Borg.

Guess I picked the wrong day to start ripping down some other old shelves in the garage!

I didn't even know they were including the screws, but they do look good. I already have a bunch of McFeelys, but I'll save those for another day!

The ones handled by (the now defunct) DHL were the worst!

I keep seeing DHL trucks (at a terminal) so I think it may not be as dead as we've heard... might just be local of course.