Hello from Kansas

I registered on this forum over a year ago (I wanted to see the shop tour and project pictures:)). Since then, I have been a frequent reader, but I suppose I really should introduce myself and try to contribute.

My name is Wayne (Ike) Eikenberry and I live in East Central Kansas. I ended up in Kansas from a small farm in Ohio by way of Muncie, IN, Charleston, IL, Cape Girardeau, MO, and Scottville, MI. I taught Industrial Arts/Technology Education for 32 years with 30 years at the local high school before taking early retirement in 2009. Now I am self-employed doing small remodeling/home repair/handyman jobs. I started this type of work with Dad as a teenager and continued on weekends and summers most of the years that I taught. My woodworking activities have usually been related to this work, although I have made some furniture and tried doing a little turning.

My shop is part of an unfinished, unheated one-car garage and is a work in progress. I dream of insulation and taking the edge off of Kansas temperature extremes!:rofl:

Even though I have lived in town since leaving home, I keep connected to my farm roots with a small collection of antique tractors.

Probably more than you really wanted to know,;)
Ike

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Welcome Ike, now break out that camera and show off a bit.

Pictures?:eek: I knew I should have stayed in hiding!! I'll have to see if I can get some shots of some of the things I've done over the years.

I don't suppose you'd like to get in on the BOX SWAP? :D :D :D :D

I'm thinking about it. I guess I still have a couple more days to decide. My motto is to never do today what I can put off until tomorrow!:rofl:

Welcome Ike. I retired in May, 2010 from 42 years of doing what you did for 32 years. I bet we could swap some great stories.:rofl::rofl:

I bet we could!!:D I will tell you that I don't think I could have done 10 more years. Congratulations for hanging in there! :thumb:

Ike