Been slowly getting back after my accident...

Dom DiCara

Finally finished up a few items for the LOML...

Lingerie dresser.....Poplar and pine...2-tone stain to carry the same theme across the bedroom....sorry about the open drawer picture......don't look at my wife's unmentionables:eek:

Then...the matching nightstands with a travertine top...2 of them....again, the same as above in terms of wood and finish...(wish I went semi-gloss though)

And Finally the king Size bed....details on the rails to match some antiques I saw.

Next will be 2 matching desks, to match the rest of this furniture. We have the room so my wife can work at home, and I can play on my 'puter at the same time....after that...a full size dresser....and then...on to the dining room. Already have to china cabinet designed...should be a challenge though.

Attachments

• open drawers.JPG
    open drawers.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 91
  • Lingerie dresser.JPG
    Lingerie dresser.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 78
  • DSCN3917.jpg
    DSCN3917.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 83
  • DSCN3918.jpg
    DSCN3918.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 69
  • DSCN3922.jpg
    DSCN3922.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 65
  • 2010 December 009.jpg
    2010 December 009.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 67
  • 2010 December 002.jpg
    2010 December 002.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 61
Nice work all around, Dom. Glad to see you're getting back into the swing of things after the accident. Based on your upcoming plans, it looks like you're gonna be full steam ahead now.

:eek::eek::eek:Dang gone man, without being banged up, do you turn out a whole house of furniture in a month??????:eek::eek:
You do the carving on the headboard also??
That is a beautiful set! Working like that, you would sleep sound on the floor! :rofl:

Thanks for the compliments guys. I think the hardest part of the recovery is learning new tricks. Simple things like trying to pick up a dropped screw with your thumb and pinky.

Well what do they say?...Necessity is the mother of invention.

Thanks again....

And also to Cynthia for the very kind PM's:wave:

Nice work Dom. I like the travertine tops, what a great idea. I've got to make some bedroom furniture next so adding that to my notes...thanks! :thumb:

The Travertine was added out of a need. My wife has a tendency to put her earrings on the nightstand before she goes to sleep. Sometimes they roll of and find their ways in the bottom of my foot. OUCH!

So I figured if I built the top to hold the travertine, and then surround it with some rope moldings, that would hold anything from falling off. So far so good.

By the way, if you use the travertine, make sure you get some of the wipe on stone treatment to give it a shine....looks good next to a poly finish.

:eek::eek::eek:Dang gone man, without being banged up, do you turn out a whole house of furniture in a month??????:eek::eek:
You do the carving on the headboard also??
That is a beautiful set! Working like that, you would sleep sound on the floor! :rofl:

No...the carving was purchased from Big Blue. The wife has not given me the go ahead for a CNC yet....but I am working on her:rofl: