My Dream Shop...

Bill Satko

This is old news now, as word came out about two 3 weeks ago, but the Anthony Hays Cabinet Shop in Williamsburg started their own blog. This is not about the blog, although it is a great blog, but about a picture they had in their first blog. I copied the picture and am using it as my laptop wallpaper. It has been over two weeks now and I am still mesmerized by it. I just had to share this.

This link is to the first blog and the picture. The picture is called "
A pair of benches in the encroaching darkness of a winter afternoon".

This is what a shop should look like and someday I shall have something very similar. I had this vision of my dream shop before this photo, but it mirrors what I had envisioned.

http://anthonyhaycabinetmaker.wordpress.com/2011/01/10/hello-world/

You can click on the picture and see the incredible detail. This is a high format photo. Also check the great bench design and plan that is part of this posting.

Enjoy

You dead on there Bill.:thumb: I had this kind of image in mind when i put my large windows in on one corner. I want to move my workbench over to the corner for the great natural light and the odd look out the window at the scenery.

One thing i think i am going to steal from the image is the roll up blinds. Its something i have wanted to attend to for some time. My shop backs onto a ravine and there is always a few people that stray from the paths:D I think it would be best if they cannot get a look see at night.

Hey you gotta get that shop done before its too late. None of us know how long we gonna be here so follow old John Waynes saying and stop burning daylight.:rofl:

Thanks for sharing it you romantic. Keep on dreaming.:thumb:

I am glad you like it Bill & Rob. My directions were not too clear but you should be able to zoom around in the picture and bring up every little detail in there.

I won't be able to have this dream shop Rob, until I move on to some land we have. I will have plenty of space to build a stand-alone shop. I will do it right, as I know what I want and need.

Bill i think tomorrow i will actually write to this guy. I see he has a coffin plane similar to mine on his workbench and i want to quiz him on it. I really wish my Dad had not messed with the throat on the one he handed down, but i guess thats what happened back in the day. I will see if this guy has some tips for me about getting it tuned and holding it. :)

That does look like a comfortable space to create in.

I'm guessing the lathe is on the other side of the shop? :p

That does look like a comfortable space to create in.

I'm guessing the lathe is on the other side of the shop? :p

pittthu ,,pittthu,,, yuck bad taste get out.. now lathe just the sounds of the plane whisps.. and the smell of the wood..
sweet bill.. and i agree with rob yu need to get on the property soon...life isnt a dress rehearsal..